My aunt with the cancer...

unclehobart

I just got the call about an hour ago from my uncle Jon that my aunt Debbie with the cancer just passed on in Jacksonville... most likely as a result of an bleeder in the belly following so many surgeries in her abdomen aggravated by all of the chemotherapy. It wasn't the cancer or an associated illness that got her ... it was just straight up bad luck. I won't know anything for quite a while yet. I will be packing and sorting stuff out for the next 18 hours or so and then I will be hitting the road for the familial gathering in Brunswick. I don't know when the funeral will be possible, but I will surely be away for as long as it takes. Keep my seat warm until then, k?

We'll leave the light on for ya... And feel for you. Sorry Unc.

Thanx guys... I'm pretty stoned faced about it right now. It probably won't hit me until I get down there amongst my somber and crying family. I'm all business right now.

Sorry to here this Rob.
Sounds like it was a really hard way for her to go.
My condolences.:disgust2:

hmm... mom called and told me that it was more advanced in the liver than I had been told in the past.. just to spare the greater family the grief of being paranoid about her impending death. She had apparently been having progressive renal failure since the end of December and was in the early stages of wildly experimental treatments when she suddenly went down without much warning. Apparently once cancer hits the liver in the form that attacked her, you only have 3 weeks to 3 months to live. I wish they would have broken it to me a few weeks ago so I could have said my goodbyes. I last saw her on Christmas Day.

Well, at least she probably knew it was goodbye. She may not have wanted everyone to know. Have to respect that.

Sorry to hear about your Aunt.
At least you won't have to think about how much Bush sucks for now.

Hope you feel better :)

hey Unc i hope youll be allright. condolences to you and your fam. its never easy to say goodbye and though this deserves a bitchslap take heart that she wont suffer anymore. were always here for ya unc. tkae care.

Well, at least you got to see her as recently as Christmas... it's better than not seeing her for years then her dying, at least.

I'm sorry about your aunt, Rob. :(

unclehobart said:
Apparently once cancer hits the liver in the form that attacked her, you only have 3 weeks to 3 months to live.

Grandma is going through that now, with the tumors in her liver. She doesn't want to see us until chemo is over. :(

Back