my eyes

tonksy

they are dilated right now. i had my pre-op for lasik today. seems that they are shooting to repair me to 20/25 vision! the surgery is tentatively scheduled for monday but i don't have a time on it yet, they'll be calling me later today or tomorrow with the time.
had to pick up my expensive ass eye drops from the pharmacy today, i'll start the antibiotic one on sunday. they are also going to insert collagen plugs in my drainage ducts to keep my eyes moist during the healing time.
i am so stoked!

Xpensive? I've considered it for MrsBish and myself before, but at $6-800 per eye...it's out of my budget.

it's a bit more expensive here but well worth it. i will be able to read books again, do crossstitch, oh! and drive :D

tonksy said:
it's a bit more expensive here but well worth it. i will be able to read books again, do crossstitch, oh! and drive :D
I'm looking forward to the day where I can unchain myself from these glasses.

MrBishop said:
Xpensive? I've considered it for MrsBish and myself before, but at $6-800 per eye...it's out of my budget.

Not looking for an argument. How much do your glasses cost you? How much has your prescription changed in the last 5 years?

Professur said:
Not looking for an argument. How much do your glasses cost you? How much has your prescription changed in the last 5 years?

Yes ,but eyeglasses and optical visits are covered through work,Lasik Eye surgery isn't.If you can afford the cash to do it though :worship:

Not unless your unionized. I've one of the best group policies going, and I get $25 for an eye exam, and nada towards the specs.

Professur said:
The last ones were changed about 1 year ago... I had CAA, so i got a discount...final price with lenses...~$175.00. PArt of this was reimbursed through insurance.

Prior to that...my last glasses were about 7 years old.

MrsBish, on the other hand had to change hers 4 years ago and 1 year ago (at the same time as me). $350+$200 (the latter also covered).

If insurance covered laser surgery...we'd go for it... shame it doesn't :(

Professur said:
Not unless your unionized. I've one of the best group policies going, and I get $25 for an eye exam, and nada towards the specs.

parttime at Costco (non-union :happydance: ) and I get $200 every two years for glasses.

The whole kaboodle is going to end up being about $1000 an eye because they have to use the machine that goes 'ping'. If you have shite vision but no anomalies, you can get the cheap laser... about $300-$500 an eye. The funky laser that can handle corneas that mosre closely resemble stomped on jellybeans runs $900 a pop. The psycho custom shop jobs run from $1500-infinity per eye... depending on how bionic you want to go.

I wish that I could get Lasix. It is so not in our budget right now and apparently it costs more to get it done when you have astigmatisim (or however it is spelled).

For now I will deal with my silly glasses and after Athena is born, I will get my contacts again.

PrincessLissa said:
I wish that I could get Lasix. It is so not in our budget right now and apparently it costs more to get it done when you have astigmatisim (or however it is spelled).

For now I will deal with my silly glasses and after Athena is born, I will get my contacts again.

That's why the missus ruled it out. Too chancy for the value.

i have a stigmatism too, lissa. it is a bit more expensive than the basic surgery but not as expensive as the custom.
steve? i should really learn how first ;)

I have thought about it. I hope that someday will have the money for that, but for now we are going to focus our money on raising our girls and getting a house. We also are looking at getting a new car soon as both of ours are starting to go downhill.

tonksy said:
i have a stigmatism too, lissa. it is a bit more expensive than the basic surgery but not as expensive as the custom.
steve? i should really learn how first ;)

Why? Very few other Atlanta drivers actually know how.

PrincessLissa said:
I have thought about it. I hope that someday will have the money for that, but for now we are going to focus our money on raising our girls and getting a house. We also are looking at getting a new car soon as both of ours are starting to go downhill.
oh i totally concur! i had thought i would get it when the girls were bigger too...and if it wasn't for the way in which i am getting the surgery i would be unable to do it myself. maybe you'll get lucky and get it later yourself.

Back