My kingdom for a BB gun

tonksy

GRRRRRRRRRR.

attachment.php

My dad has this thing that looks like a large clear plastic dome/dish, which hangs from the hook, and then has it's own hook on the bottom to hang the birdhouse from. Then he put like grease or something on the top to make it slippery, and watched all the little fuckers slide off and hit the ground.

My dad has this thing that looks like a large clear plastic dome/dish, which hangs from the hook, and then has it's own hook on the bottom to hang the birdhouse from. Then he put like grease or something on the top to make it slippery, and watched all the little fuckers slide off and hit the ground.

That would work but these fuckers jump from the edge of the deck and land directly on the feeder. Short of sticking the feeders in the smack dab middle of the yard I am not sure how to bar them from jumping on.

Tell Rob to get some snake shot for the .45 (if they even make it)
(and a silencer) :smash:

Yeah...the silencer would be key around here.

I wonder if seed feed squirrel tastes better than the wild variety.

my dad has this birdfeeder that if anything heavier than a bird sits on where the food comes out.... well, i forget which it does, but it either drops down so that the squirrel falls off, or a little thing slides out so that the squirrel can't get to the food. i forget which it is, but it works!

Yup... squizzles can be a problem...

My current(ish... wish he'd end my torture!) fella's mate is employed by the forestry commision to cull the greys in areas where there are our native reds!

Nothing like a bit of drey poking apparently and popping them with an air rifle!

Apparently they taste pretty good too... rabbit like! :thumbup:

That would work but these fuckers jump from the edge of the deck and land directly on the feeder. Short of sticking the feeders in the smack dab middle of the yard I am not sure how to bar them from jumping on.

Yeah, they did that too, because it was against a fence post. We extended it 6 feet away from the fence with some PVC and now they can't get to it. The fun is watching them try.

Length of exposed wire
9v battery
cheap remote with switch (toy store 'remote control' car)

Attach wire to battery with switch interrupting power (use the one for the motor). Put wire around the edge where the squirrel sits to eat. Sit in living room and wait.

When the squirrel lands and begins eating...press "Forward" on your car remote...watch the little fuckers dance.

Dance baby dance!!

Thanks for the link! I think I will try the safflower and feeding the squirrells in the grass. I like my current feeders and I'm not sure I want to replace them all.
Yeah, they did that too, because it was against a fence post. We extended it 6 feet away from the fence with some PVC and now they can't get to it. The fun is watching them try.

6 feet away from any fencing or deck poles puts my feeders smack in the middle of the lawn :(

Length of exposed wire
9v battery
cheap remote with switch (toy store 'remote control' car)

Attach wire to battery with switch interrupting power (use the one for the motor). Put wire around the edge where the squirrel sits to eat. Sit in living room and wait.

When the squirrel lands and begins eating...press "Forward" on your car remote...watch the little fuckers dance.

Dance baby dance!!

Evil man......I almost like it.

:blush: I try :)

My bro-in-law's neighbour is a keep supporter of the BB Gun method of crowd control. Mind you, he also prefers to do it whilst drunk out of his gourd, so it's entertaining to watch.

A couple of dozen fishhooks strung about the feeders. Birds will see them, rodents won't. Just think, you'll be able to use your feeder for birds of prey too.

Personally, I think someone is spending too much time lounging poolside when she should be dealing with the situation.

mionepoolside.jpg

the cats we feed here too.

Good that there's still a few wild ones I guess.

Most the squirrels here stay more in the heavier woods...with the muscadine vine trees.

There was one in the front porch here this morning eating one of the cookies I'd left out for it on the back deck? :confuse3:

Watching Avery open the front door, freak out/scream like a girl and then slam the door in terror was a real treat! :D

Back