My kingdom for a BB gun

Racoons and Geese I like from a distance, I was riding my bike with avery yesterday, and 2 geese where walking across the bike path, I waited 5 minutes to make sure they would not turn around and attach me

vile beasts.

I see a coon, or a fox these days, I'm thinking rabies, right off.
26 cases in this county, this year.:disgust2:

had a baby coon run through the other day, then a fox snatched a kitten and it died.

Opossums are nasty too...we have a possum of montrous proportions living on our hill. He is respectful of our space though...so long as we don't throw Chick-Fil-A bags in the gargage trash bag and leave the garage door open after dark :s

yep, but the only one of them I've seen this year was huge, and fat, like
it has been fed regular, and was really clam/tame-like.:alienhuh:

No coons locally that I've seen. Skunks aplenty, Hares, Groundhogs and I've seen tracks from deer about 10 minutes walk from my place, but no coons. I've seen those in downtown Montreal tho' They come down from the mountain to raid restaurant's garbage bins. Damn but those things can get BIG sometimes!

had a rabies skunk here about 10 years ago.

A friend of mine said he saw a coyote. He live in town.:alienhuh:

I think the fire down south, drove a bunch of animals up this way.

So we bought a bowl feeder for in the middle of the lawn and put peanuts in it. We also filled the empty feeders with safflower seed and the squirrels are still going to the feeders.

We did see a really cool battery powered squirrel proof rotary feeder at the nature center today but the price was...daunting. It's cheaper online but still....
Although, I bet it's a hoot to watch in action. Linkage

Back