my make-up thread

kuulani

I hardly wear make-up. If anything, I'll put on some eyeliner and lipstick before heading out for a special dinner.

But for hula productions, we have to slap on the make-up, which is usually done by a professional. Unfortunately, we didn't have any last week and had to learn how to do it ourselves. Our make-up-appying-workshop lasted 2 hrs, and now I know how to:

1. apply foundation (after toning and moisterizing);
2. shape and apply color to my brows;
3. apply highlights and definition with eyeshadow;
4. do the whole eyeliner/mascara thing;
5. apply blush and press powder; and
6. actually use lipliner with my lipstick

:D ...our hula school even bought make-up for all us girls (from Clinique and Lancome)!! How do women do this everyday, I do not know. But at least now I know how to put on make-up properly :D

I've never learned how to properly apply makeup. Maybe I should someday.

Ku'u, I would really love to see a picture of you in one of your hula productions. :) When I was in the Drama Club in high school, I used to help the guys put on stage makeup because they refused to put it on themselves. I was bad, reeeeeally bad. But it was "Barnum", about the circus, so I figured I had license to make them look garish.

I don't wear make up at all. I used to wear too much when I was in high school. My face revolts against anything unnatural on it anyway.

My boyfriend's mother is always telling me I should at least wear mascara because my eye lashes are so long. They're long because when I was a kid, I decided to cut them with a scissor. One of my many bright ideas. She's big into makeup and if she tells me I should get eyeliner tatooed on my eyelids one more time, I'm gonna let her have it.

greenfreak said:
When I was in the Drama Club in high school, I used to help the guys put on stage makeup because they refused to put it on themselves.

*giggle* some of our boys know how to put on make-up better than us girls.

And it's soooo funny when you see people who wear make-up all the time go make-up free. They look so pale!

kuulani said:
And it's soooo funny when you see people who wear make-up all the time go make-up free. They look so pale!

Which is why, when I do rarely wear makeup, I look like a clown. :)

:alienhuh: I dunno, I only wear makeup if there's a really special do I have to goto, like weddings or 21st B-Days, otherwise, I don't bother.

*shrug*:alienhuh:

vortex said:
I dunno, I only wear makeup if there's a really special do I have to goto, like weddings or 21st B-Days, otherwise, I don't bother.
didn't know 21st b-days were so formal. I always wear semi-ratty clothes that i don't mind getting puked on :drink2: :sick: :D

I had to do my make-up at 7:45 this morning! I don't normally do my make up in the mornings at all (except during the summer when I wokred in an office, but never at school) and this morning I had to do it at 7:45am to go and make a presentation!!! I haven't looked at it since but I bet it is hidious...

I had makeup on for the first time 2 weeks ago when I had some starter kit head shots made. Most makeup has a cornstarch base. I had it on for all of 45 minutes and it damn near made my allergies go off.

Back