my new boots

aww, those pictures made me sad, those boots look awful now, lol they've gotte all broken in and the suede is doing that stringy-thing in places, and where the toe bends is all yucky in the creases. i still wear them a lot, though.

And they've never been so comfortable, have they?

yeah, that's the plus side. whereas they were a actually bit snug before, they're very comfortable now... at least when i don't have to do a lot of walking!
(i have a habit of convincing myself that shoes actually fit when really, they only sort-of fit. but in this case, it worked out)

is it a length kind of growth like when you're a kid and need new shoes often, but at a much slower pace, or is it because of how tissues and fluids shift in our bodies over time, and swelling happens?
(sorry if that sounds weird, i couldn't think of a better way to phrase it)

ps: simplyred, your very presence on this board reminds me of this pair of shoes i at one point thought was a good idea to buy.
reddoomshoe.jpg

i don't know why i buy heels! i can never walk in them! but they're so pretty!

It's mostly to do with fattening and flattening of the feet, Ash. My mother drops a shoesize every time she goes on a diet.

Ash...Profs right but another component is walking barefoot all the time (guilty) helps to spread your feet.

I read it as though you were attributing it to weight gain. I was referring to barefootedness but...okay.

I am so not going there. If you think for one minute you can get me to start making barefoot and pregnant jokes, even at your flatfooted expense, you're sorely mistaken.

:eek5: Simplyred is mesmerized!!!!!!! Pretty pretty!

I really like the buckle at the ankle!

do you want them? i just read in another thread that you're a 9-and-a-half/10, and i think they're 9-and-a-half's. i have to hunt around my room for them, but if you want them, i'll give them to you for free. i'm never going to be able to wear them, my shoe-lust just got the best of me that day.

do you want them? i just read in another thread that you're a 9-and-a-half/10, and i think they're 9-and-a-half's. i have to hunt around my room for them, but if you want them, i'll give them to you for free. i'm never going to be able to wear them, my shoe-lust just got the best of me that day.

OMG! I am loving this board more and more everyday! I never turn down shoes!

pm me your address and i'll look for them tomorrow in my room when i'm at my parent's house, and i'll get them out to you asap :) they have minor nicks in the leather on the heels, but are otherwise in good condition, i only really wore them out once, just to see if i could... i couldn't, lol

Done! I am so excited and know just the pants I am going to wear them with!

After my car accident last December it was FOREVER before I could wear heels. Once I could my feet had gotten so used to flats and tennys I had to retrain them to heels again. They still haven't forgiven me!

Back