my new camera

dan

is digital, and is really bad quality. but it's sooo small!

using the better one, here's some shots:

for size comparison purposes, with an LP, a CD, minidisk, AAA battery and a 10p

size1.jpg

and here it is closer up:

size2.jpg

and self-indulgently, one next to my mouse as well:

size3.jpg

the quality is shockingly bad - i'll post some pics off it when i have some

Q

It IS really small. But if it takes such crappy pics why did you get it?

I think you should move it too, maybe hide it in the potato hat...that mouse looks mad:D

dan

it is looking kinda ominous, yeah!

it was a christmas present - but i only got batteries for it yesterday, so it's kinda new...

and all this talk of potatos, i'm gonna have to go buy some now

Q

You can make a battery out of a potato, you know.:D

...sorry, I just couldn't help myself

alex

:rofl3:

I need to find some kinda score card thingy like the judges holding up cards for the olympic scores....or something like that.

alex

oh wait, maybe fury can make some smilies out of the :bs: smilie, each with a number on the flag :headbang:

Q

Actually, those pics aren't bad at all. The one of the busses is a little bit blurry, but I assume that's because you were moving. The itty bitty camera is pretty cool:wink2:

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
quality sucks, let's be honest people :D
but it's a nice and small...:)

nice pics nevertheless :) very nice to see some stuff from where you live :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'm actually impressed for the size of the camera, are those the actual size of the pics that come off of it too?

dan

Yes, those are the pics unadulterated and straight off the camera.

Tried again tonight in the pub... lower light, results not so good...

http://www.nambit.net/manchester/misc/index.html

so, it looks like trying to use it in low light conditions isn't an overly good idea, but daytime it does okay.

the size is totally a bonus though - i kept it in my pocket all day and even forgot it was there until jon wanted to see it in the pub - unlike the decent digital one i have which is a tad brick-like. no forgetting that's there!

in some ways i kinda like the quality of it... it's got a certain style about it... a punk rock vibe, rather than a glossy hollywood feeling...

dan

I'm not sure what it is... it says "Precision" on it, but no googling has left me any the wiser about it's origins...

I /think/ it came from the gadget shop, so i went there looking today. seems like they've replaced the one i got with those SiPix ones for £40, which is what i think my one cost just before christmas

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
You know, I'm really quite impressed by that little camera. How many pics will it hold at a time?

btw, Subway is pushing hard, their goal from what I've heard is that nobody will have to drive more than 10 minutes to get to one.

dan

it can only do 20 in it's "high res" mode... i don't want to see what the low res mode is like

the one flavio mentioned said it can get 100 in it's high-res mode, which is much more reasonable.

still, 20 ain't too bad considering. it means you gotta be selective about what you take... i dunno, i quite like the litte fella :)

flavio

Banned
The pictures you posted are 352x288 pixels, did you resize them? ...or is that the size in hi-res?

Does your camera have a lens cover of some sort? I can't tell from the pics. It also looks like both your camera and the SiPix don't have a flash of any sort. Really for the size and price it's hard to complain.

I really want to get one of these little things. You could sneak them in just about anywhere. They're so small that you can carry them everywhere without being paranoid about breaking them.

dan

no, no resising - that is the high res.

and no lens cover... there's a kind of plastic ridge around the lens, and the aperture itself is only about a millimetre diameter, i'm not worried about damaging it.

and no, no flash either.