My Sister's Dead

greenfreak said:
Wow, Auntie... So much to absorb! As if her passing wasn't hard enough, to deal with the legalities and prepare to care for another child. Does she get along with Katie? Was she an only child? Having another 'sibling' in her life could be just what she needs right now. And having you caring for her is going to be so important to her now.

She's the youngest of 5, she and Katie get along very well. I have actually acquired 5 more "kids" all together but the others are old enough to care for themselves on a physical level - Kris (29), Rachel(21), Michelle(19), Kayliegh(17).

Kris is at uni in London and lives in Camden and is only just recovering from his boyfriends suicide 3 years ago. Rach was living with her mum and Sophie and is totally overwhelmed by what has happened and not strong enough psychologically or emotionally to care for her sister (not sure if she can cope with herself). Michelle is disabled following an accident but lives independantly in her own flat and Kayliegh married Gareth in June. Quite a managerie! Looks like I'm taking on the role of surrogate mum from now on.

Oh, and we now have 2 gerbils which Casper our cat is eyeing up hungrily! :)

Update 2:

We finally got the results of the PM today. It's as I thought, Pulmonary Embolism due to a Deep Vein Thrombosis caused by the injury to my sister's leg. We will be finalising the funeral arrangements in the morning.

I never realised just how many friends my sister had, or how well she was liked and will be missed.

Back