My Sister's Dead

Thank you all for your support.

Well, I've been through the initial shock reaction (I think I scared the hell out of my nieghbours). My mother's just left and the eldest of my younger brothers is either flying in or coming over by ferry from Germany tomorrow. My nephew is driving up from London, my sister's partner is a total wreck and so are my nieces by the sound of things so it looks like I will be dealing with the formalities once the coroner has issued the death certificate tomorrow. I will be seeing my sister in the chapel of rest in the morning, I don't want to see her surrounded by tubes and mess.

Fortunately she wrote a letter before going into hospital for her operation passing the council tenancy to my eldest niece in this sort of event, but I will have to find out about death benefits and so on - I don't know if she was insured, I'll have to sort all this out in the morning, I don't think anyone else in a fit state to do it.

I don't think I'm going to be sleeping much tonight.

One good thing came out of this, my mother and brother spoke to each other tonight for the first time in 5 years - why does it always take something like this to make you realise silly, petty little differences just don't matter?

I know the shock you feel. It's like being in another world.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Aunty... **HUGS**

I am also very sorry. There's not much someone one a message board can really say to express how they feel, but just know that there are real people behind the keyboard that do care.:(

Nobody ever really has the right words for these kinds of situations. Sorry for your loss :crying3:

I'm so so sorry Auntie. I hope you give yourself time to grieve, and I know how hard it must be to be strong at a time like this. It seems you're already looking at the brighter side in respects to your Mom and your Brother but you're certainly right, it shouldn't have taken this to bring them together. I hope you get some rest and my thoughts will be with you and your family.

*shocked*

i'm so sorry to hear that, i hope you and your family be fine

I'll offer my condolences as well. I can never really empathize, though, since I'm an only child.

Update

As things do with sudden deaths, everything is moving very slowly. We should hear from the Coroner's Officer today or tomorrow when they are likely to release the body for burial. I have to deal with Probate today as my sister died intestate and also have to sort out Guadianship of my youngest niece Sophie(15) as she will now be living with us. She should still be able to attend the same school wth her friends though, so that will help.

Wow, Auntie... So much to absorb! As if her passing wasn't hard enough, to deal with the legalities and prepare to care for another child. Does she get along with Katie? Was she an only child? Having another 'sibling' in her life could be just what she needs right now. And having you caring for her is going to be so important to her now.

you have my most sincere condolences to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope your family can pull some thing out of this tragedy and become closer as a whole.

you must be under a lot of stress auntie i hope you have a way to relax so you dont overwork or have nervous breakdown or anything.you seem to have been doing ok considering. if you need us let us know we all care about ya :hug:

Back