My trash can kick you honor students butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Did anyone see the pride of the projects having a turf battle that ended up brutally murdering some kid (honor student) who was just trying to get home?

So far, four have been charged but there ought to be about 50 charges of accesory before, during & after the fact.

Here's the story. There's a link to the youtube video of the beating in the story. I'm not posting it here since it's simple brutality.

Another good reason to break up public housing.

8_62_a320.jpg

Just more idiocy spike. They¹ may be all for breaking up public housing, but as usual it's just another place where no thought was used, just moronic knee-jerking!

You see they may be against public housing, but that is until and unless they or their dumbass friends and or family need such housing.

Perhaps they¹ may even be capable of further thought when homeless displaced public housing "displacees", set up hobo camps in their¹ nice communities and start robbing them!

These folks have no interest in solutions, just enforcing their dysfunctional philosophies on the rest of us!

¹ the collective they, their, or them.

True enough cat, but at least offering folks low income housing gives them a chance to make a neighborhood and what they choose to do with it is really ultimately up to them. Isn't it personal responsibility after that? Obviously people need such housing or it would not exists. This goes to the general welfare of everyone, not just those in poverty.

So I guess I have just likely provoked yet another half baked lecture on why I am wrong that I most likely won't even read....

FTR
I disagree with beck somewhat on this, where he said the guy holding
the camera should have put it down to help.

I think not.
Because he kept filming, people can be held accountable.
If he'd tried to help, he might be dead, or hurt, and no vid, and no prosecutions.

you must have prof mixed up with me

What do you mean?

I only referred to that we are low on solutions. The rest was adressed at those who might be on Gonz's side on the issue, because I don't engage Gonz anymore as in a political sense I see it as an exercise in futility.

you said "true enough cat", but I had not yet replied in this thread.
Were you referencing somewhere else?

True enough cat, but at least offering folks low income housing gives them a chance to make a neighborhood and what they choose to do with it is really ultimately up to them. Isn't it personal responsibility after that? Obviously people need such housing or it would not exists. This goes to the general welfare of everyone, not just those in poverty.

So I guess I have just likely provoked yet another half baked lecture on why I am wrong that I most likely won't even read....

That's perhaps the accepted intent of housing project .... but to my knowledge, it's seldom the outcome. What they've actually done is build a really nice (on the outset) ghetto where people have little motivation to attempt to improve their situation. After all, look what doing nothing got them?

I'm much more a supporter of things like Habitat for humanity. You want a nice house? We'll help, but you'll bust your ass along side us ... and you'll work on other people's houses too in the future. That's your side of the bargain.

you said "true enough cat", but I had not yet replied in this thread.
Were you referencing somewhere else?

OMG I am that not awake or high! LOL I am just woke up and due to pain on Vicodinn this morning. Sorry! LOL

I am in favor of both habitat for humanity and low income housing. True as it is that many make it a bad neighborhood the alternative which is having no place at all fro the ghetto to exist is even worse.

I'm much more a supporter of things like Habitat for humanity. You want a nice house? We'll help, but you'll bust your ass along side us ... and you'll work on other people's houses too in the future. That's your side of the bargain.

even they have had their problems, but still better than total gov. option. ;)

In the last two years, our local feel good government has made a point of putting low income housing near the bear shits in the woods estates homes of two related families. In both instances, within 30 days of these projects being opened, crime doubled.

I've lived in Los Angeles & Chicago. I've spent a lot of time in NYC & Philadelphia. I've seen, first hand, the drama, destruction, crime & despair in & near these filthy holes. Those who are there with few other options are prisoners. Unfortuantely, they are so vastly outnumbered by the trash & criminals we need to hold our public officials legally accountable for allowing this travesty to continue.

Children are trained to be criminals. Property criminals are trained to be violent criminals. Women are abused, in every sense of the word, daily. The elderly are so beat down they cringe in fear at noises outside their doors.

Crimes like what happened in Chicago are not unusual. Having someone get video of it, is.

Putting down the videocamera/phone & helping might have saved that boys life. Sadly enough, the cops will tell you to call them & not get involved. That is the problem.

Habitat for Humanity is a better option. However, having friends that were helped by it, more often than not, it's only a small step up. Go back to areas that these homes were utilized. Some will be in decent upkeep. More will look like hell. It's usually relatives that are allowed in that destroy the sense of community.

Want a solution? Put everyone that lives in a project to work, every week, helping fix it up. Unless they are employed, full time & verifiably, there are no excuses not to help. Two weeks in a row & you're given ten days to evacuate.

Want a solution? Put everyone that lives in a project to work, every week, helping fix it up. Unless they are employed, full time & verifiably, there are no excuses not to help. Two weeks in a row & you're given ten days to evacuate.

Imposed by the government?

so depending on a citizen's circumstance should determine the laws in which they have to go by?

I'm mising your point.

If they live in gov't housing, they need to help with the upkeep or they no longer live in gov't housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back