NEA-death to America

As another admin whose posting is also not to be assumed to be the opinion of the board or it's ownership or other admin, I think that you, Valkyrie, have misread some of what Gonz has posted in your rush to disagree, and if you went back and reread may in fact have a different perception of himself and what he stands for.

Yup Gonz is totally wrong on this one.

The parents are responsible for their Kid's education. If they don't think that the proles in the state run education system can do the job then they must remove the children like Gonz and I did and see to it that the brats get learnt up right!

Yeah Gonz is an ASSet to this board alright. If not for him it would just be a bunch of folks sitting around agreeing with each other perhaps discussing the wallpaper.

Leslie said:
As another admin whose posting is also not to be assumed to be the opinion of the board or it's ownership or other admin, I think that you, Valkyrie, have misread some of what Gonz has posted in your rush to disagree, and if you went back and reread may in fact have a different perception of himself and what he stands for.

Oh hell, now she understands what I write. Man are you guys screwed. :lol:

sarcasm, or whatever you were attempting with your original post, does not come through text very well without some sort of obvious cue.

it come through rather clearly when you've been around long enough to have read a few of my 12000+ posts. Also, you've misspelled so many words I'll have to finally call you on one.

ASSHOLE is not spelled with an "et"

Hah I was thinking the same thing!

Well in my house a BJ IS sex and the beloved spousal unit
wouldn't take no qubbling over the matter, me bits would be in DANGER!

*bumps with hope that the emotional & intellectual debate can be seperated & knowing full well that this is the RW*

I have to agree with most of Gonz's points, especially the part about all the retarded 'opression' classes in the last paragraph.

It's one thing for the school to teach kids reading, writing, math, science, etc. Nothing wrong with that. But to have them teach you what to think, no, not acceptable at all.

For example, a month ago, my English teacher asked the class to write a short paper about racism in literature, i.e. whether certain books should be banned from schools and public libraries for expressing 'racist' views. It was one of those 'What do you think about _____ controversy?' papers, so in two pages, I eloquently said "Anyone who wants to ban a book has their head so far up their ass that it is coming out of their mouth" in a way that would make Gonz and the usual gang of RW flamers proud. Needless to say, the school wants to teach 'tolerence', so I get a F on the paper and nearly get suspended for writing my honest opinion.

In every lesson in History, there's a small section dedicated solely to women and blacks. For example, on our WWI unit, there was like one black dude to get the Medal of Honor and like ten white dudes. Who do they write the paragraph about? The black guy. How he was all brave and shit. White guys aren't even mentioned.

You know, I read aa series of excellent books that used science fiction to discuss politics and stuff. In it, there's this country, with two groups of people, Anders and Hakens. Anders are considered better than everyone else and the Hakens are treated like peasants. They are always being pushed around by the Anders and they need to go to 'lessons' where an Ander talks about all the horrible crimes that Hakens committed against Anders and how the Hakens invaded the Ander's country. So much that the Hakens honestly feel that they are worthless and horrible. There was a powerful weapon that worked by sound. Huge stone bells would kill anything in front of them, while keeping the people behind them safe. The Hakens were taught that Hakens made the weapons and used them on innocent people. The intrepid main character, who is smart, looks at the bells and realizes that they could only be possibly used as defensive weapons and that they were built long before Hakens invaded. He also finds out that the Haken invaders brought with them advanced technology, and without the Haken invasion, Anders would still be living in mud huts. Anyway, it was really deep, and it was so obviously talking about Affirmative Action and the like.

Needless to say, the school wants to teach 'tolerence', so I get a F on the paper and nearly get suspended for writing my honest opinion.

Question your teacher...how can one fail an opinion piece?

Altron said:
Because my opinion wasn't in line with the teacher's...
The same thing happened to me in 1972. It's not a new thing. New to you though, I'll bet.

Gonz said:
Nope, I didn't help. I just worked a full time job that earned enough to pay our bills & allow us a few minor extra's. Nothing to be the bread winner & allow a mother to do her duty and stay home & raise our child. I never read to him or talked with him or anything grand like that. I never participate in his life. Never even knew he went to school until I got the book bill. Amazing that, huh?
You should explain this part probably. I can see that there's sarcasm there but since you mixed did/didn't it is a little hard to tell what is true and what isn't.

Here's what I mean...

"Nope, I didn't help" <- sarcasm: you did help (opposite meaning)
"I just worked a fulltime job" <- ???: you did work (same meaning)

So when you get to "never read to him" I'm not totally sure if you did or not.

sarcasm said:
Nope, I didn't help. I never read to him or talked with him or anything grand like that. I never participate in his life. Never even knew he went to school until I got the book bill. Amazing that, huh?

Those who pay attention to what I write knew that though.

[edited for typos]

Gonz said:
Thosw who pay6 attention what I write knew that though.
Winky hijack your account?

So did you read to him and do you really think a mother's duty is to stay home and raise the kids?

Back