New Baby #2

MuFu

sda01.jpg

sda02.jpg

35x35x35 sealed cab, Peerless XLS-10, 200Wrms/350Wdyn, -3dB pretty clean at 18-19Hz and built like a frickin' tank.

Bitchin'. :cool:

MuFu.

Well get this... BKE custom made about 100 for a South African order and after the deal was done they had a few that were surplus to requirements (stock overrun).

List price is £600 and they were selling 3 brand-new, overrun subs for £250 a piece. :eek:

I sold my last sub (which was great but a little on the large side) because I wanted to get something much smaller. Screw that idea... this was too good an opportunity to miss.

:headbang:

OK you're pretty smart with these things... If I have (next year) 500 pounds (UK) to spend on speakers, just speakers, but for the works (5.1 or 6.1), what would you suggest?

Jeslek said:
OK you're pretty smart with these things... If I have (next year) 500 pounds (UK) to spend on speakers, just speakers, but for the works (5.1 or 6.1), what would you suggest?

Not sure at all, mate. The UK and US/Canadian markets are so different. I'd recommend an entry-level Mission or Kef 5.1 set, but they are both UK manufacturers so will either be scarce or overpriced, Stateside. See if you can find someone your side of the Atlantic that's clued up about this kind of thing. If not, then www.avsforum.com is a great place to ask for guidance.

sda03.jpg

Pic for Shadowfax. :D

MuFu.

Worked out how much it would cost to build from components (which I was going to do)...

BSB200 - £150
XLS10 - £100
Finished MDF enclosure + fittings (it'd have to be a custom job) - £50
High-level lead - £30
Low-level lead - £5

So we're probably talking about £350 overall. I don't think they're making anything on these at all. In fact, when I spoke to Tom he said we were doing them a favour by removing some of the clutter from their warehouse - they have loads of stuff which was never collected by the client just lying about the place.

Hmm... I haven't spoken to Tom yet about it. I swear there has been a mixup somewhere because he wouldn't have said he had secured one on AVF for you otherwise.

Unless he was talking about one of the ones coming up next week... might be worth waiting for. He said there are loads of overrun enclosures in the warehouse they can use to build these "one-off" specials. Perhaps next week they'll be selling 500W Lab-12 subs for £200! :cool:

MuFu.

BTW, you should probably place it off-centre in your room otherwise it'll set up weird standing waves and cause huge peaks in the output at certain frequencies.

Back