New shoes

Great! Then in the hot Atlanta sun, they'll sweat a whole bunch more and then their feet will REALLY stink!

tonksy said:
They are huge with kids here...but only the real ones :rolleyes:
But you know what? If I am going to spend that kind of money on children's shoes they are going to be boots or something.

Actually in this case "the real ones" are different than the rip offs. I'm sure many kids just want them for the name but the real ones are the only ones made with the special material that makes them SO comfy.

Holy crap those are fugly! Cool!

I need a pair to wear when I take the kids out. :devious:

I don't mind them so much in a normal color like black or brown, but when I see those bright green and pink ones, they completely turn me off.

Leslie said:
Holy crap those are fugly! Cool!

I need a pair to wear when I take the kids out. :devious:

Man, kids around here love them...when the trend hits there they'd think you were AWESOME!

FluerVanderloo said:
I don't mind them so much in a normal color like black or brown, but when I see those bright green and pink ones, they completely turn me off.

Especially when someone is wearing something that COMPLETELY doesn't match them!

Nixy said:
FluerVanderloo said:
Especially when someone is wearing something that COMPLETELY doesn't match them!

But .... but.... they're expressing themselves ....

Isn't that what's important?

Nixy said:
Man, kids around here love them...when the trend hits there they'd think you were AWESOME!
the parents here are wearing them, I think it's foiled here for the kiddies cause they wont' touch them now if their parents are wearing them

Leslie said:
the parents here are wearing them, I think it's foiled here for the kiddies cause they wont' touch them now if their parents are wearing them

Man, country kids are PICKY! Around Toronto I see whole families wearing them.

I have a friend that is a nurse, as well as an in-law, and they both swear by the crocs for the comfort factor. My cousin is the only guy I have ever seen wear them, but, kinda like Nixy's brother, he's 6'1 or so, and goes 280 or 290, and could care less what people thought about him

My sister and her bf have some...they're gardening shoes only tho'. You need to step out of the house to get something from the car, garden etc...?

Slide them on, do what you have to do, kick them off and step back inside. Keeps you from trudging in leaves, grass clippings, mud, land-mines etc. into your house. No time wasted lacing up runners just to go out for 2 minutes. :shrug:

I might get a pair and keep them outside on the porch.

They are ugly though...wearing them on the street or in town? :hurl:

I can't wear them. I am a true half-size. Those shoes are either too small or too large.

Would love to have a pair for the yard.

TRL - You should try those plastic mesh beaded slide shoes that you see everywhere. Are they in Tx yet? I have a pair in every color and I use them as deck shoes and gardening shoes.
Got my first pair in Canada as a matter of fact, before Prof jumps in with that bit of info.

You asked me to go get you more before the first trip down, remember. Then cancelled the order when you found them (locally or online, I can't remember)

BTW, how's the beer holding out?

Back