New Slang - makes me feel old

MrBishop

Here's an online dictionary that you can use to finally understand what your kids might be saying
smile.gif

Here

Few Examples:
props - [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"respect, recognition"[/font]
dot gone - unsuccessful internet company
off the hinges - "similar to off the hook, something is outstanding, great"
man-chair: The always convenient, deftly placed chair for men to sit on and wait for their female
counterparts to shop in a retail store.

MBA - Married but Available
meatspace: The world where people live, the functional opposite of cyberspace
fat coke: opposite of diet coke
flashing 12: The condition of being so technologically inept that one can’t even program his or her VCR.

There are some hilarious ones on there...far too many to peruse, much less post.

I'm glad that I'm online on a regular basis, or by the time my kid's generation hits their teens, I won't know what the fuck they're talking about :D

Like the term 'sperm bait' which I heard near the school across the street yesterday. Talking about a girl so hot ... well, you get the idea ;)

So the fact that today's brats are incapable of speaking a comprehensible form of English makes you feel old? Just makes me feel angry at the lack of education.

MrBishop said:
Like the term 'sperm bait' which I heard near the school across the street yesterday. Talking about a girl so hot ... well, you get the idea ;)

Sperm bait???? Holy crap, some of the words they are coming up with are really something.

Professur said:
So the fact that today's brats are incapable of speaking a comprehensible form of English makes you feel old? Just makes me feel angry at the lack of education.
Its english daddy'o...just slang, not lack of education.
Each generation comes up with its own. Remember 'cool', 'bad', 'Macgyvering something', 'airhead', 'awesome', 'barf bag', 'butt ugly', 'couch potato', 'deep shit', 'do lunch', 'hacker', 'lame', 'pencil you in', 'poser', 'road pizza', 'skank', 'wannabe', 'yuppie' ?

They're all 1980 terms. I remember using them then...I still use some now. Is it reflective of my education...hardly. Its a sign of the times...words get created daily, sometimes they live, sometimes they don't.

I'd take the time to refresh yourself Prof, one of these days one of them kids is going to come through the door and say "Whats Poppin G?"

SouthernN'Proud said:
...and some are more annoying and asinine than others.
Couldn't agree with you more, and there are some that I'd feel ridiculous using. f'r instance...I doubt that I ever said 'Word to ya mutha' or 'she's Phat'

Mind you...I want to know what they mean so my kids can't talk above my head, ya know?

Professur said:
And they'll go right back through that door with my boot up their arse.

:lol2: I'd love to see you do that to one of your kids if they used some of the words they're coming up with.

What, you old guys didn't have slang? All slang is annoying unless you use that phrase. Then it's ok.

MrBishop said:
Couldn't agree with you more, and there are some that I'd feel ridiculous using. f'r instance...I doubt that I ever said 'Word to ya mutha' or 'she's Phat'

Mind you...I want to know what they mean so my kids can't talk above my head, ya know?

Phat means cool or something of the sort.

MrBishop said:

So you'll decend to their level, instead of forcing them to rise to your. Well, that's comforting to know.

Professur said:
So you'll decend to their level, instead of forcing them to rise to your. Well, that's comforting to know.
That's kinda like saying that its useless to learn a second language because everyone should speak english, or refusing to learn what WYSIWYG means because you're not in that industry.

If you want to limit yourself, go right ahead.

MrBishop said:
That's kinda like saying that its useless to learn a second language because everyone should speak english, or refusing to learn what WYSIWYG means because you're not in that industry.

If you want to limit yourself, go right ahead.

That is by far the silliest thing I've seen posted this year.

Back