no good thing goes unpunished

I went to traffic school a year ago. It was very educational. :D Some of the movies were made before I was born. :eek6:

oh i'll definately contest it. i'm blessed with a flexable schedule so i wont lose a days pay.
the towns around here only send a cop to court if they have a lot of tickets contested. they dont want to pay a minimum 4 hours OT for a simple ticket.

please make all appropriate sacrfices to the car gods for me. :D

I have never in my life gotten a ticket altough I speed all the time. The speed limit in Ontario is about 60 mph, and I usually do 85 mph.

The worst we've gotten out of, and I wasn't driving, was 163 mph in a 60 zone in Saskatchewan. After seeing a Saudi driver's license he just fined us $500 which we paid cash on the spot and continued on our way.

i should have seen it coming.
the town announced yesterday that they were $100k over budget for snow removal.

which is why i need your sacrfices to the car gods. they are going to be pulling everything over. more tickets=more contested tickets=more chance of a cop showing up at court...

I've fought tickets in 9 different states. NJ allowed me to fax in my contest & I won. The rest were no show cop, not guilty. EXCEPT IN & OH. 1/3 tickets in IN & 1/2 in OH were so desperate for cash they used a prosecuting attorney IN TRAFFIC COURT. What a waste of taxpayer momey.

we go see the clerk magistrate here. i think i can request a hearing before a judge if i want to contest the magistrates decision, but i'm not certain

PuterTutor said:
$25 for the head injury foundation? WTF?
absolutly no idea. i have a feeling i'll be paying that even if i win and have the ticket tossed out.

Over here in the UK speeding (if uncontested) gets you an automatic fine and 3 points on your licence, not your insurance. 10 points is an automatic 1 year driving ban :eek:... hence, I don't speed.

No, but the ban does! Also if you contest it in court and lose the conviction will. Minor speeding is a misdemeanour, major speeding is a criminal offence and attracts other charges like driving carelessly or dangerously ... it all depends on how fast you are travelling and what the speed limit is at the time.

I'm pretty sure we have that 10 point thing too ( too many pts=suspended license...I believe it's 10) but we have the double whammy of raised ins rates with the tickets as well:hmm:
Also, here in Florida, driving on a suspended NEVER comes off your record, 3 driving on a suspended violations is a mandatory 5 year revocation.:eek13:

Q said:
Also, here in Florida, driving on a suspended NEVER comes off your record,

Never having been caught for speeding I don't know how long it stays on your record.

3 driving on a suspened violations is a mandatory 5 year revocation.:eek13:

I think it's at the discretion of the judges over here with a minimum set but persistent offenders can expect to be banned for life.

I got a speeding ticket in 1986 and I would have gotten one a year ago, but the cop was nice, he wrote me for a different violation that allowed me to go to traffic school, so it wouldn't affect my insurance rate.:headbang:

Back