No slippery slope?

As for bringing the cops in... we aren't talking about water balloons, eh.

We're also not talking about John Gotti. Overkill, unless & until the responsible parties prove useless, after having the problem brought to their attention.

Even young Gotti got his start somewhere...in either case, asking a 17yr old girl to leave her charges, cross the street and confront the parent(s) of some brat with a gun complex is hardly what I'd expect.

:shrug: I wasn't there...the supervisors are 17-19 and have a buttload of kids to mind.

As for bringing the cops in... we aren't talking about water balloons, eh.

Now you up the ante? Maybe if the parents were home, they could have done their job.

Either I lost you or you lost me somewhere, Gonz.

My son is at a day camp...minded by 17yr old (mostly girls) supervisors. He got shot at by some kid across the street using a plastic pellet BB-gun. The 17yr old (mostly girl) supervisors called the cops on the kid. They did so because they can't just up and leave their charges alone (the kids), to cross the street and confront the parents of the would-be kiddie sniper.

Even if they could...it's not their job to confront the parents of kids not in their charge. Let the cops handle it - which is the cops' job.

And yes...if the kid's parents were home (I'm hoping that they were because the kid was young to be alone) - they should've handled it. But then again, they're the ones who bought their kid a BB-gun and let him drag it out onto thebalcony in the first place. :shrug:

Back