Nobody move! I've got a tee shirt and I know how to use it!

jimpeel

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...w+for+wearing+Transformers+T-shirt/article.do

Man threatened with arrest at Heathrow for wearing Transformers T-shirt
Last updated at 14:04pm on 02.06.08

An airline passenger claimed that a security guard threatened to arrest him because he was wearing a T-shirt showing a cartoon robot with a gun.

Brad Jayakody, 30, from London, said he was stopped from passing through security at Heathrow's Terminal 5 after his Transformers T-shirt was deemed 'offensive.'

The IT consultant was set to fly off on a business trip to Dusseldorf in Germany when he was pulled to one side.

Mr Jayakody said the first guard started joking with him about the Transformers character depicted on his French Connection T-shirt.

'"Then he explains that since Megatron is holding a gun, I'm not allowed to fly,' he said.

[more ...]

"I m more interested in why a 30 year old man is wearing a transformer t-shirt to begin with?"

- Rene Orillac, Texas

At least we know Megatrons was loaded.

WINCHENDON— Ten-year-old Bradley Geslak was suspended from school this week for bringing a Memorial Day souvenir to school.

The Toy Town Elementary School fourth-grader had received two empty rifle shell casings from blanks used during the town celebration held at the GAR Park Monday morning.

He brought one of the casings with him to school the next day.

“He was just playing with it at lunch,” explained Crystal Geslak, Bradley’s mother. “He wasn’t showing it to anyone; he had it in his hand and was playing with it.”

Bradley said a teacher saw him with it and told him to hand it over.

“The teacher told me to give it to her and I did,” he said.

After the piece of brass was confiscated, Ms. Geslak was called at work and told to come and pick up her son; he was being suspended for the next five days.

Source

At least we know Megatrons was loaded.

Source

I caught that one and posted it at TFL. It wasn't even a shell casing from what was ever a real round. It was a spent blank ceremonial round.

If they consider anything that goes "BANG" a "weapon", then God help those kids who blow up a paper bag and pop it or stomp on a dixie cup.

Movie memorabilia? :shrug: The shirts look nice, especially the vintage ones.. it's kitsch. :shrug:

Rene Orillac of Texas has obviously never visited the Universal Studios Tour. Otherwise s/he would have seen hundreds of adults wearing theme shirts.

I was amused at this post which scolded the guy for not knowing what Transformer he was wearing.

He keeps saying Megatron when it is Optimus Prime. Does he even know what shirt he is wearing?

- M. Corvin, Tulsa, USA

DeBish said:
Movie memorabilia? The shirts look nice, especially the vintage ones.. it's kitsch.

Yup...sorta like a grown woman wearing a Hello Kitty/Care Bears/My Little Pony/Winnie the Pooh/Strawberry Shortcake shirt......but IMHO that crap should really stop at 30.

Yup...sorta like a grown woman wearing a Hello Kitty/Care Bears/My Little Pony/Winnie the Pooh/Strawberry Shortcake shirt......but IMHO that crap should really stop at 30.

Why the hell should I start following those rules? I have no plans on giving up wearing favourite tv show tees when I'm 30. *handonhip

Does Farside count :p

Why the hell should I start following those rules? I have no plans on giving up wearing favourite tv show tees when I'm 30. *handonhip

So there is a time and a place for all that. Housework, PJ's, pool - those are fine but IMHO wearing that stuff in public is a bit undignified.....that being said I have been known to visit the Kroger fresh from the pool in my straw cowboy hat, borg t-shirt and bathing suit bottoms. I suppose it's a contextual thing.
I just feel that sporting that stuff while out in the general public passed the age of 30 makes one look like they are trying too hard to appear young which makes them look foolish and even older than they really are.

Maybe it's a kiwi thing. Lotsa older people wear tee-s & jeans here in the CBD... some even happen to wear kitschy/cartoon-y stuff. :shrug:

or perhaps it simply means that the kiwi are a stupid people.

:bong:

and what ever happened to the tiwi?

It's a free country and folks can do as they please. Many do wear that stuff out in public. I just don't, I guess I am snobby/vain that way.

Back