non-citizen 2

Should non-citizens be able to receive federal benefits?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, but not for illegals

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

catocom

Should non-citizens be able to receive federal benefits?

If you don't believe 25 year olds are children – you're against kids. Same if you don't believe SCHIP should provide health benefits to illegal immigrants, cover childless adults, or take away health care plans (Medicare Advantage Plans) from 3.2 million seniors to pay for SCHIP's massive expansion.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291979,00.html

People had better call their reps immediately, if you disagree.
Another Rail-road is underway.

y'all make no mistake...We are under siege, and nearly half our gov. has been bought off.:grumpy:

Non-citizens should NEVER be allowed to vote. Just as they shouldn't be able to run for president, senator, deputy, etc.

something is weird.
The question in the poll changed.
The question on This thread is supposed to be...

"Should non-citizens be able to receive federal benefits?"

The other thread was about voting.

Can someone change the question for the poll on this thread? I can't

My answer to the poll is yes, but not for illegals and i will tell you my 2 cents.
My Mother is not a citizen but I am. Should she have needed to apply for assistance for us she should be able to.

Thanks Luis.

I'm really kinda on the fence about "legal residents".
It seems to me that there should be some farther division of certain
circumstances there.

As with your case, I'd support, probably, and in the interest of some
bi-partisan negotiations in the gov I'd support it, but not blanket.

I can see that logic. Perhaps on the basis of legal residents being the parents/guardians of legal citizens.

My answer to the poll is yes, but not for illegals and i will tell you my 2 cents.
My Mother is not a citizen but I am. Should she have needed to apply for assistance for us she should be able to.

I believe it is easy for older people to get the citizenship, they don't even have to know english nor know about US history.

I believe it is easy for older people to get the citizenship, they don't even have to know english nor know about US history.

No, they have to apply and go through the process the same as everyone else and for someone with permanent residency it's a huge rigmarole for no real benefit beyond being able to vote. My Mother is pretty much politically apathetic or was when she was younger so she never did it.

Yeah, I don't understand the bias in the poll results against legal tax-paying residents.

Yeah, I don't understand the bias in the poll results against legal tax-paying residents.

Perhaps because they don't understand why a non-citizen should honorably find themselves in a position that might require assistance? I don't know.

We actually voted in a law that said the illegals shouldn't be getting the free shit, the Lezbo Governor fought it!

well, it's a done deal now

I wonder in my conspiracy theory filled mind if that bridge falling had something to do with it.

There's definitely something amiss.

gotta go check the ammo...

well, after Lou's report, now it looks as though Steny is going to vacate
the vote on it.

Let's try again.

No, they have to apply and go through the process the same as everyone else and for someone with permanent residency it's a huge rigmarole for no real benefit beyond being able to vote. My Mother is pretty much politically apathetic or was when she was younger so she never did it.

Really? I heard differently from people who are applying and are above 60 or 65.

Back