non-citizen 2

Should non-citizens be able to receive federal benefits?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes, but not for illegals

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
Hmm...well my Mom is 64 now so things may have changed for her but when I was her dependant she was, of course, much younger.

Yeah, I don't understand the bias in the poll results against legal tax-paying residents.

In my case, it's because of the way the question is asked.
The reason I Did ask it that way is because that's the way it was/is presented
in the bill.

Now if amended for certain circumstance I might see clear to get behind
some cases, but not the Blanket, as stated earlier. ;)

It's a travesty that people here illegally can access assistance while citizens in need cannot.

[Forrest Gump]That's all I have to say about that...[/Forrest]

Well I can't tell, it looks like they took down the bill vote, maybe, (on the official web site)
pending investigation.

It hasn't been sent to the pres. anyway.

I guess we'll see when the come back in sept.

well how about this... no tax-funded assistance for anybody...?

So in your world, the lame, the infirmed, the mentally and physically incapable...all would do what, starve?

And y'all try to make me out as cruel.

I have said this before on here, and now I say it again. I work for a living and I see where a portion of my money is taken from me before I ever get it every paycheck. I don't like that very much. HOWEVER, I have absolutely zero problem with helping provide for those who legitimately cannot provide for themselves. An adult in a wheelchair from CP cannot work and provide his own upkeep; by all means give him/her what he/she needs to survive be it money, food, medical care, or housing assistance. A 22 year old mother of 7 can work; if she'd keep her legs closed long enough that is. No physical or mental reason she cannot provide her upkeep. Give her 6 months and then kick her off the dole. If you are here in violation of our laws, you get to meet my friend Jack Schidt. I would expect precisely the same treatment or worse if I went to another country in violation of their laws, whether I agree with the laws or not.

This ain't difficult. Unless one's political bent defines the word "victim" so to include anyone not male white heterosexual. Then it gets cloudy. My bent does not define the word as such, so it's pretty easy for me. Help those who cannot help themselves, and let everyone else earn their own. Lawbreakers get special treatment. Why is this so hard to understand?

So in your world, the lame, the infirmed, the mentally and physically incapable...all would do what, starve?

I have said this before on here, and now I say it again. I work for a living and I see where a portion of my money is taken from me before I ever get it every paycheck. I don't like that very much. HOWEVER, I have absolutely zero problem with helping provide for those who legitimately cannot provide for themselves. An adult in a wheelchair from CP cannot work and provide his own upkeep; by all means give him/her what he/she needs to survive be it money, food, medical care, or housing assistance. A 22 year old mother of 7 can work; if she'd keep her legs closed long enough that is. No physical or mental reason she cannot provide her upkeep. Give her 6 months and then kick her off the dole. If you are here in violation of our laws, you get to meet my friend Jack Schidt. I would expect precisely the same treatment or worse if I went to another country in violation of their laws, whether I agree with the laws or not.

This ain't difficult. Unless one's political bent defines the word "victim" so to include anyone not male white heterosexual. Then it gets cloudy. My bent does not define the word as such, so it's pretty easy for me. Help those who cannot help themselves, and let everyone else earn their own. Lawbreakers get special treatment. Why is this so hard to understand?

::bgtup:

I hope by special treatment, you mean they have to pay for their own shit. Pardon my french but they should have to pay for themselves for breaking the law

They don't have families in your world? Interesting...:devious:

SnP said:

Misguided frome time to time, but no...not cruel. :D

SnP said:

Like I said earlier...its not the job of the government to take care of your family. That happens to be your job.

And for those without families?

Hey, I'm all for pulling your own weight. But there will always be a segment of our population who simply cannot. I don't think it's right to cast them aside like garbage. The book you quote in your own signature tells us not to do so. I'd rather my tax dollars go to the elderly, who have paid into the system for 40 years in most cases, and the infirmed than to the chronically pregnant, the perpetually unemployed employables, and the addicts. Opinions may of course vary, but that's mine.

And for those without families?

I've never heard of anyone without a family...I've heard of folks with family that was no good, but thats beside the point.

SnP said:
Hey, I'm all for pulling your own weight. But there will always be a segment of our population who simply cannot. I don't think it's right to cast them aside like garbage. The book you quote in your own signature tells us not to do so. I'd rather my tax dollars go to the elderly, who have paid into the system for 40 years in most cases, and the infirmed than to the chronically pregnant, the perpetually unemployed employables, and the addicts. Opinions may of course vary, but that's mine.

You missed my point. I said the government is not responsible to do right by you, or yours. Thats your job. I never said anything about donating to the poor, or helping those in need through my own auspices. I just said that the government shouldn't be doing it...

You haven't been many places if you have never met anyone with no family. Unfortunately, I have met them. It's pretty damn sad.

Sat it however it suits your fancy. If it's a semantic word game some are after, that's their problem. I ain't here to nitpick pedantics.

as long as the the free shit train is being fueled
from your paycheck I'm OK with that

maybe i'll amend my earlier response.

"abortions for some...

miniature american flags for others."

*piss2*

nah but seriously gubmint should not be in the business of handouts.

ideally the truly fucked up should be helped by private charities, and folks with extra $ should contribute liberally. i gave away about $5k last year. and i'd be happy to contribute more to groups of my choosing rather than to the charity we know as gubmint should my tax rate go down...

oh no wait let me take all that back, cuz i'm a liberal y'know?

:trout:

Back