Northeasters, check in?

Huge said:
You drive on that deathtrap? :eek:
And people mocked me for owning a SAAB when I lived upstate. Much like my Jeep CJ-7, that thing gripped the road like nobody's business. ;)

Not on ice however.

Now look, where's the crap? Why isn't everybody yelling at Ms Freak? I post a couple of pictures, giving height perspective, on a clear, dry, summer day, from my Kenworth & catch hell. She's in the middle of a friggin' ice storm doing the same thing. :/

abooja said:
And people mocked me for owning a SAAB when I lived upstate. Much like my Jeep CJ-7, that thing gripped the road like nobody's business. ;)
sLabbs are cool; my sister just retired her saab last year (and yes, she lives upstate!)

Now they drive a Volvo (doesn't even look like one ;) )

greenfreak said:
Ask... and ye shall receive.

To the left under the green signs is the Long Island Expressway, with cars packed in like sardines. I was on the service road, just coming over a hill. As you can see, the road is all ice.

snow1-mar05.jpg

Here towards the right, you can see how the traffic snakes down to the bottom. You can see the red traffic light over the back of the dump truck. Took me about a half an hour to get from the first pic to that traffic light.

snow2-mar05.jpg

God damn postal workers!! :mad:

snow3-mar05.jpg

I DO miss the snow...BUT that ICE.......N O T!!!!!!!

Oh and BTW....You can all exspect to have late mail... :D

abooja said:
I used to have one of the old two-stroke Saabs in college. Best snow and ice car I ever owned and that includes 4X4s (which are overrated as winter vehicles IMO anyway).

Huge said:
You drive on that deathtrap? :eek:
Not a chance. That's why I'm on the service road. ;)

The building I work in is right on the service road, so I don't have to get on to the LIE at all. I do avoid it as much as possible. Besides, the Northern State is so much nicer. And no trucks. Well, no trucks on a usual day but you know at least once a week some idiot truck driver who can't read all the NO COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC and LOW BRIDGES signs gets on and has to be backed off.

Whiner said:
Now look, where's the crap? Why isn't everybody yelling at Ms Freak? I post a couple of pictures, giving height perspective, on a clear, dry, summer day, from my Kenworth & catch hell. She's in the middle of a friggin' ice storm doing the same thing. :/
Do you ever stop trying to pick fights? :rolleyes: :D

First off, I was completely stopped. Yes, on ice. It's actually possible to stop a car on ice you know. Please consider the distance between me and the car in front of me. The only reason why the second and third picture seem closer is because I zoomed the lens. I was still three car-lengths away.

Secondly, my camera has an auto focus feature. I did not have the camera up to my eye. It only takes one hand to focus and shoot. I never took my other hand off the wheel

Third, nyah-nyah! :p

chcr said:
I used to have one of the old two-stroke Saabs in college. Best snow and ice car I ever owned and that includes 4X4s (which are overrated as winter vehicles IMO anyway).
I had a 1987 plain Jane 900 5-speed sedan with 188,000+ miles when I bought it. ~sigh~ Still miss that car. :(

jeez, hasn't mother nature heard of global warming in your neck of the woods? IIRC, the grand total for winter precip in the Twin Cities is under 20"

Back