nostalgy contest?

ResearchMonkey said:
I remeber the TRS-80...man it was lame.

I had a used trash-80 once upon a time too. About as useful as a screen door on a submarine. Still, the word processor saved me many stressful non-smoking hours in the campus computer lab typing term papers and research projects. So in that regard it was worth the 75 bucks I had in it.

Incidentally, in the computer science department at Auckland University, they have New Zealand's oldest (pre-)computer... which came from the Wellesley Telephone Exchange - the building that would eventually be converted into the apartments that I now live in. Cool huh? :nerd: (they also have a photo of the building when it was opened in 1913, and I can see someone standing in our apartment... they look kinda like a ghost:eek: )

BeardofPants said:
We've got one of those. :nerd:

I'm a baby, my first exploration was a 386 with DOS. I vaguely remember playing around with an old apple as well even further back (don't know what, but most schools had them). It had a black screen, and green text. :lloyd:

i remember those :D i threw away one of those things a few months ago...still used the 5 1/4" floppies :D
at least those screens could still burn in....those were the times :D

HomeLAN said:
I forgot, still have a copy of Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on 3.5 as well....
Hell, at work I have an alignment machine running Windows for Workgroups 3.11. That's not nostalgia, that's current technology. :lol:

ResearchMonkey said:
I remeber the TRS-80, with a cassette-tape drive. My best Friends father was the head of the local school districts for the county. He had one courtesy of the Gov't.

...man it was lame.
I had a Model IV. State of the art, baby. I kept lap times and track set-ups on it. I was the king of high tech racing, at least in my own mind. :D

Back