NYC needs Reagan

greenfreak said:
Looks like the workers are returning even though the negotiations are still on. You might make some money this week! :D

Looks like the union workers need money over the holidays as well...;)

They stand to lose two days pay per day that they didn't work. So yea, I guess whatever is best for them is what they're going to do. :rolleyes:

Combine that with the fact that a judge is about to throw the union leaders' asses in jail, and y'all might be done with this sooner rather than later.

greenfreak said:
Looks like the workers are returning even though the negotiations are still on. You might make some money this week! :D

Kinda funny what happens when a judge threatens jail time for the white collars

It's to bad nobody has brought up domestic terrorism in any of this...That could put most of the unions management in jail for a while...

It's over, but I've still got to take a cab home from work tonight -- at around 10:30 p.m., since I didn't get here until 2 p.m. All in all, this strike cost me two days' pay plus around $60 in cab fare. I HATE UNIONS!!! :rolleyes:

abooja said:
It's over, but I've still got to take a cab home from work tonight -- at around 10:30 p.m., since I didn't get here until 2 p.m. All in all, this strike cost me two days' pay plus around $60 in cab fare. I HATE UNIONS!!! :rolleyes:

Can you sue because the strike was illegal? It's the American Way, after all, to be compensated for someone elses stupidity...:lloyd:

Labor unions are still necessary!

No, not to guarantee competitive wages and safe working conditions - but to continue to fund the Democratic National Committee. After all, 97% of AFL-CIO political contributions are given to the DNC.

When I was a member of the Communication Workers of America from 1989 thru 1997, there was never any money in the strike fund. All our dues went to fund pizza for local union meetings, AFL-CIO membership, and the rest was donated to political action committees. I tried to argue that by having a huge amount of cash in the strike fund, our threats of a strike would be more meaningful. If there's enough money to pay striking workers for several weeks, then there will be no chance of those workers prematurely returning to their jobs because they're broke.

Anyhow, I always hated the union. I figured if my co-workers were worth $26/hr then I was worth twice as much....but the union wouldn't allow me to negotiate my own contract.

Nowadays, I employ 3 people. And I pay them according to what they're worth to me - which has nothing to do with their 'seniority'. One of them is a staunch liberal, so I pay him slightly less. Out of spite.

just kidding.

As I contemplate my future in the AFL-CIO/Teamsters (what a scary proposition) I've already been told by a number of employees to "slow down". Maybe I'll join & go to the meetings :evilcool:

TNproud2b said:
Nowadays, I employ 3 people. And I pay them according to what they're worth to me - which has nothing to do with their 'seniority'. One of them is a staunch liberal, so I pay him slightly less. Out of spite.

just kidding.
:D

abooja said:
Just over for noe though right?
It isn't totally settled yet is it?

It's settled until the union finds a judge willing to NOT jail the white collar guys.

Back