ObamaCare revisited

Winky

I'll get back to you in 2010 when it hits 4,500
YOU get back to me when unemployment drops below 5%
Oh sometime around 2023?

ResearchMonkey

It is as though I’m being forced to watch a movie I didn’t like the first time round.
Jimmy Carter's Malaise Speech.
Currently with many areas of the country experiencing levels of unemployment
that rival the worst days of the great depression, our President is touting a ‘jobless recovery’ WTF?!?
All the while following an economic policy that can only guarantee a further worsening of the economy!!!
(Rush is right, that is actually THE goal!!!)

But alas perhaps there is hope for change as we all recall how that story turned out. A Hollywood ending fer sure.

oldschool.JPG

Wrecking-ball economics.

spike

Under boosh, but Obama the destroyer certainly pushed into the toilet.

Yes, the downward spiral fell under Bush. It takes a lot to reverse that but the stock market is back up and at least in my area housing prices are going back up. According to my mortgage broker I got in at damn near the perfect time.

We do still need the job situation to improve.

Winky

If you bought a house then you coulda got it for that half price
fall of 2010. When the econ has fallen to pieces a year from now
will it still be Booshes fault, oh of course it will.

Winky

Get back to me when you've something I'm not already aware of M'Kay?

The second wave of defaults is about to hit and when millions more
homes come on the market through foreclosures yer house value will
plummet due to over supply la la la

spike

Winky and his crystal ball. :laugh:

My mortgage guy has been in the biz for a long ass time. How long have you been in the real estate business?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Gotta put blame where it's due. When did the economy start tanking and the jobs dwindling? When was that?

About the time Nobama decided that another seven hundrend billion dollars would guarantee us a jobless rate of no more than 8%.

About the same time gov't took over a number of major American corporations (say, isn't that communism?)

Near the time Barney Frank whined about the greed instead of taking responsibitlity for the failed home loan scandal...where the gov't, under his control, forced borrowers to give loans to people who couldn't afford them.

Bush pushed the button, Obama pushed the train.

spike

A.
About the same time gov't took over a number of major American corporations (say, isn't that communism?)

They didn't actually take them over.

Near the time Barney Frank whined about the greed instead of taking responsibitlity for the failed home loan scandal...where the gov't, under his control, forced borrowers to give loans to people who couldn't afford them.

Didn't actually force borrowers to give loans to unqualified people. Especially not under Obama.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
They didn't actually take them over.
What would you call it when they tell them how to run their industry & how much to pay their employees?

Didn't actually force borrowers to give loans to unqualified people.

What would you call it when members of Congress are telling you that either you "play ball" or they write legislation?

Since Carter.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oh crap, the employer fine is less than I expected. Much less. Even more reason to NOT carry insurance.

For firms with more than 50 employees, the fee could be as high as $750 multiplied by the total size of the work force if only a few workers needed federal aid, these officials said. That is a more stringent penalty than in a bill that recently cleared the Senate Finance Committee, which said companies should face penalties on a per-employee basis.

How bout dem numbers