Off I go again.

K62

Flying across the country this Sunday. From Saint John, New Brunswick to Victoria, British Columbia to sail on the west coast.

I'll be back early September maybe.

I hear Victoria is beautiful, never been there before.

K62

ahah. Thanks guys :D

Prof, Last time I flew to B.C. (Vancouver) our flight stopped in Montreal. I got half twisted in the airport bar.

I'll give you a wave.

highwayman

K62 said:
Flying across the country this Sunday. From Saint John, New Brunswick to Victoria, British Columbia to sail on the west coast.

I'll be back early September maybe.

I hear Victoria is beautiful, never been there before.

It's great, you'll like it. A lot to look at..

A.B.Normal

Welcome to the WestCoast,the temp is currently 12c with moderate winds ,seas are calm with 30-60cm waves.Enjoy your stay ,but safety first.

And if you pass through Nanoose Bay ,I'll be the one waving :beavbang:

I used to live in Victoria so heres a few words of wadeom.Esquimalt(where the Naval Base is located) is the low-life/high crime area, so be warned.Government Street is where the ladies of the evening hang out after dark(note: they aren't all ladies :eek5: ).There are several nudie bars (or at least there was ) Monty's (downtown)and The RedLion a cab ride away.All in all its pretty touristy but tasteful.

Enjoy.

Note : I would have mentioned Butchart Gardens ,The Royal Provincial Museum ,Wax museum ,Under Sea Garden (aquarium like) ,but you'll be with you Navy Buddies .If wanting to Impress any Females ,Butchart Gardens http://www.butchartgardens.com/main.php would be a big hit :wink: {admission $$$ seem high though}

2minkey

bootlicker
i was just seven miles across the water from victoria, in the san juan islands. that area is fantabulous. just a short drive and ferry ride away for me, which rocks. you're in for a great time.

now that i know there's nudie bars, i'll go the extra seven miles next time... assuming i've found (or replaced) my passport by then.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
K62 said:
ahah. Thanks guys :D

Prof, Last time I flew to B.C. (Vancouver) our flight stopped in Montreal. I got half twisted in the airport bar.

I'll give you a wave.

I had some great sex in Victoria, BC back when I was younger...I pulled an 'all nighter' with a woman who picked me up in a blues club. The Jeff Healey band was playing live that night...It was a great time had by all, if I do say so myself...:grinyes:

K62

Flight leaves at 0550 tomorrow morning. Yay. 4.5 hours to sleep.

What really screws me up is the 4 hour time difference.

Take care all.