Off to 'alifax!

Altron

K62 said:
Ahh yeah. They still have a few of the Iowa's left as museums, don't they? I would love to get a tour of one of them !

The New Jersey is docked fifteen miles from my house. Once I got a tour and got to spend the night in a bunk on the ship. IIRC I was on the port stern, second level down. Actually, it was kinda weird, because it's docked in Camden (South Jersey's coolest city, not only was I born there, but it's also the most dangerous and violent city in the US), and the Delaware is west of Camden, so the starboard side of the ship is the one facing the dock. To the port side is the Delaware, then Philly.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Where can you find pleasure
Search the world for treasure
Learn science technology
Where can you begin to make your dreams all come true
On the land or on the sea
Where can you learn to fly
Play in sports or skin dive
Study oceanography
Or sit in the grandstand
When your team and others meet

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
It's the helicopters falling out of the sky you wanna worry about. The boats are ok...but I'd stay out of the subs.

Professur

Aunty Em said:
The canucks have a navy? :eek13:

Resolves to keep well out of the way...

As you should well know. Not only did it save your ass a time or two in the past, but much of it was recently bought from England ... (and damn near sank on the way over, killing several crewmen. Remind me not to buy a used English made car again)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
As you should well know. Not only did it save your ass a time or two in the past, but much of it was recently bought from England ... (and damn near sank on the way over, killing several crewmen. Remind me not to buy a used English made car again)

One crew man actually...if you're talking about the sub.

K62

Well my new ship is HMCS Moncton. The ship is having some modifications made to her now, so we won't be sailing until May when we will be doing fishery patrols. We will be visiting some east coast ports (Newfie John, Boston..)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
K62 said:
Well my new ship is HMCS Moncton. The ship is having some modifications made to her now, so we won't be sailing until May when we will be doing fishery patrols. We will be visiting some east coast ports (Newfie John, Boston..)

hahaha one time my grandfather had to many fish on board his boat but he figured "Whatever I know all the guys" when he saw the fisheries boat coming towards us (he was the Captain on the Gander Bay and before that worked with them pretty much his whole life)...turns out the only people on the boat were newbies and he had to throw the fish overboard...:(