Off to 'alifax!

K62

I'm leaving for Halifax tomorrow morning and sailing out Friday morning. See you all in about 3-4 weeks!

K62

ahhh the good ol' Dirty Dome. ;)

Prof, I have no idea yet. May find out tonight when I get my paperwork, might not find out until tomorrow.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I'm sure he has to work some of the time. Taping the boat back together and whatnot.

GAFFER.JPG

K62

Yarr! We fish with 50 cal and 40mm gunfire!

IMG_0037.jpg

And sometimes we even use the 57mm for the big fish..

IMG_0276LargeMedium.jpg

Professur

K62 said:
And sometimes we even use the 57mm for the big fish..

IMG_0276LargeMedium.jpg

Whenever I see guns like that, I always think back to the monsters they had on ships like HMS Hood. Flaming little peashooters they've got now.

K62

Oh I know, eh?

It's something when our 40mm fires. I CAN'T imagine seeing (speaking of the mighty 'ood) an 15" 8 gun broadside.

Or, how about the 18"ers on the IJN Yamato! Wow.

K62

woodman19_99 said:
Alright smartass... how the hell was I supposed to know that you were on the Canadian swim team?

Sorry bud, I didn't mean that to come out as it sounded. I was joking around more than being a sarcastic ass. Not that I'm not an ass.... but you know.

take care bud.

Slim Pickens

I used to hear stories from some of the older vets about firing broadsides during Desert Storm...had buddies that served on the USS Wisconsin, Missouri, and New Jersey, all battleships

K62

Ahh yeah. They still have a few of the Iowa's left as museums, don't they? I would love to get a tour of one of them !

highwayman

Professur said:
Whenever I see guns like that, I always think back to the monsters they had on ships like HMS Hood. Flaming little peashooters they've got now.

Don't need the big 15 or 16 inchers anymore what with missle technology, the three and five inch guns are used for self defence..