Oh for shame

Cause deep down you care?

anyway what is the story again, they uncovered this mural, which was covered why? that depics blacks stereotypically as was the way it was back then usually, and people are upset?

are a LOT of people upset, or that small vocal minority that drives us all crazy?

And what else have we learnt, most people have a hate on for garden gnomes.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Why do I even try?
Why do you try to use things I didn't say as a basis for an arguement? Cause you have no real point probably.

...or where you talking about trying to use spelling as an arguement when you don't know the words meaning?

flavio said:
Why do you try to use things I didn't say as a basis for an arguement? Cause you have no real point probably.

...or where you talking about trying to use spelling as an arguement when you don't know the words meaning?
So let me get this straight: if you say something is irrelevant, anyone who disagrees does not know the definition of the word "irrelevant"?

I should also point out that the fact you misspelled "argument" and "were," not to mention your improper use of "words" when "word's" is correct, calls into question the accuracy of your claim that you scored 33 on the ACT and were in the 99th percentile on the PSAT.

It means if they think there is some relevance maybe we should hear what it is.

I have 18 browser tabs open, 11 code editor tabs, 2 spreadsheets, and am watching tv now as I post. Sometimes I don't worry as much as i could about spelling, capitalization, or punctuation in posts if the meaning is clear.

However, if what you're saying is that at OTC all you need for a well founded argument is to nitpick these things then I'll be more careful. Is that the case?

Winky's in trouble.

I multitask too, and I can still spell.

As for those who disagree with you somehow not explaining how something that you say is irrelevant actually is relevant now meaning that they don't know the definition of the word... you might want to consider the purchase of a rear-view mirror so you don't hit anything while backtracking that fast.

Too bad you can't multitask and have point simultaneously.

You might want to purchase some better tires avoiding the question that fast.

Fact is, it is not relevant if other universities were white only. Doing something racist doesn't make it any less racist if other people do it too.

flavio said:
Racist or not, if you can't understand how a mural with a cotton-picking black man at a formerly white only university could be a sore spot for some you're just being dense.
There's a huge difference between "I find that rather offensive" or "I don't really like that" and "you must take that down to avoid offending my delicate sensibilities since my opinion is the only one that matters." If you can't see that then I'm hardly the dense one. :swing:

It's America. You're free to voice an opinion. You're not, however, free to impose your will on everyone else simply because it's your will.

Here's what I don't understand...WHY do you all continue to waste your time on him? It's a sickness, don't feed it, it will go away.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Me or flavio?

Don't answer that...
:lol:
AllEars' said:
Here's what I don't understand...WHY do you all continue to waste your time on him? It's a sickness, don't feed it, it will go away.
It's reasonably entertaining when I'm really bored. :shrug:

chcr said:
There's a huge difference between "I find that rather offensive"
Glad you can see that it could be offensive to some.

or "I don't really like that" and "you must take that down to avoid offending my delicate sensibilities since my opinion is the only one that matters."
What makes you think only one person has that opinion?
If you can't see that then I'm hardly the dense one. :swing:

It's America. You're free to voice an opinion. You're not, however, free to impose your will on everyone else simply because it's your will.
So we could have a mural at a university with jews getting gassed by nazis and ignore all the jews opinions about it.

You're wrong about America anyway...laws are a good example a how a will can get imposed on everyone else don't you think? University rules too no?

AllEars' said:
The person with nothing intelligent to say chimes in. Read a book and learn something,

SnP said:
defining the social climate of a nation by the standards of 200 years later is what again?
Happening where? Are you trying to say the white only thing wasn't racist then or people just were to dumb to realize it?

flavio said:
What makes you think only one person has that opinion?
Of course I don't. Clearly, however, P. Eric Abercrumbie, director of the Office of Ethnic Programs and Services and the African-American Culture and Research Center at the University of Cincinnati believes that his is only one that matters. You know, if he were even affiliated with the University of Tennessee in any way at all...

Oh, never mind. It's also clear that the concept is either over your head or you're being deliberately obtuse. It's just getting boring now.

You're wrong about America anyway...laws are a good example a how a will can get imposed on everyone else don't you think? University rules too no?
And that specifically is why people believe you and those like you hate America.

SouthernN'Proud said:
And defining the social climate of a nation by the standards of 200 years later is what again?
That's not a well formed sentence. Master the language already.

chcr said:
Of course I don't. Clearly, however, P. Eric Abercrumbie, director of the Office of Ethnic Programs and Services and the African-American Culture and Research Center at the University of Cincinnati believes that his is only one that matters. You know, if he were even affiliated with the University of Tennessee in any way at all...

Oh, never mind. It's also clear that the concept is either over your head or you're being deliberately obtuse. It's just getting boring now.
I think you're just running out of ways to distort my point. Let me state it again to be clear....

"If you can't see how a some wouldn't be too excited about a mural with a cotton-picking black man at their formerly white only university you're being completely dense."

If you read carefully you'll notice it doesn't say anything about a person forcing their will or even about removing the mural.

And that specifically is why people believe you and those like you hate America.
That's a leap....mind a few details there?

flavio said:
That's not a well formed sentence. Master the language already.
With your supposed 33 on the ACT, perhaps you could show us how you would form the sentence.

flavio said:
That's a leap....mind a few details there?
I don't think so. I'm bored with the whole discussion now and I'm reasonably certain that virtually everyone else who reads this thread will have understood. :shrug:

If you read carefully you'll notice it doesn't say anything about a person forcing their will or even about removing the mural.

Clearly implied in the reaction and the wording of said reaction. I take it back. I no longer believe you're being deliberately obtuse.

Inkara1 said:
With your supposed 33 on the ACT, perhaps you could show us how you would form the sentence.
Looks like somebody has a one-track mind. Perhaps you could show us how you would not avoid the earlier question again?

chcr said:
I don't think so. I'm bored with the whole discussion now
Cop out. Can't think of a way to make that leap now?

chcr said:
Clearly implied in the reaction and the wording of said reaction.
Probably too bored to back up that statement either I suppose.

Back