oh ku'uuuuuuuuuuuu!

Oz

AlphaTroll said:
I have never tasted Spam in my life - feel strangely deprived :(

Yer ain't missin' much :)

Mebbe yer know it more as Chopped Pork, most popular brand here appears to be Pek.

AlphaTroll

If Spam is pork - I don't think we have any fake pork products (unless I am missing something). Just came back from the shops and saw something called Bully Beef - but they said it's corned beef.....how does one corn a beef?

Oz

AlphaTroll said:
If Spam is pork - I don't think we have any fake pork products (unless I am missing something). Just came back from the shops and saw something called Bully Beef - but they said it's corned beef.....how does one corn a beef?

Carefully I would imagine...........

I wouldn't go so far as to say that Spam was pork.....more like lips, hoofs and gums of various animals.

Mirlyn

Oz said:
I wouldn't go so far as to say that Spam was pork.....more like lips, hoofs and gums of various animals.
Actually, its pork shoulder and scrap ham. :D

/me father worked for Hormel for quite some time.

*has a collection of spam-memorabilia* :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
*wondering how you get that god-awful smell out of the tins - it's worse than death :sick:

unclehobart

AlphaTroll said:
"The name comes from Anglo-Saxon times before refrigeration. In those days, the meat was dry-cured in coarse "corns" of salt. Pellets of salt, some the size of kernels of corn, were rubbed into the beef to keep it from spoiling and to preserve it.

kuulani

Gato_Solo said:
No need to feel depraved. Spam and Treet are pretty much the same thing.

SPAM and Treet are NOT pretty much the same thing. Gato, you disappoint me :nono:

Do not accept any substitutes for SPAM :spam:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
kuulani said:
SPAM and Treet are NOT pretty much the same thing. Gato, you disappoint me :nono:

Do not accept any substitutes for SPAM :spam:

Canned spork is canned spork. :rolleyes: How people can eat that slimy goop is beyond me... (just kidding)... :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
this is a spork :hmm:

spork.gif

A.B.Normal

Leslie said:
this is a spork :hmm:

spork.gif

:grinyes:

Spork

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

A spork is an unusual kind of silverware. It is a spoon to which have been added miniature versions of the tines of a fork. Canonically, there are three or four tines.

This invention is the descendant of the runcible spoon mentioned in the Edward Lear poem The Owl and the Pussycat, re-moulded by the science of modern materials. The word spork is, of course, a portmanteau word on spoon and fork. The word foon has also been spotted; according to some, a foon is made from a plastic spork by pressing the bowl until it turns inside out.

Most people's first encounter with the spork comes in a number of fast food restaurants. The spork is particularly associated with a number of Yum! Brands franchises. Sporks are frequently found at these fast food establishments:

* Kentucky Fried Chicken
* Taco Bell
* El Pollo Loco
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spork

A.B.Normal

[rant]Soy Pork why do people insist on trying to make it something it isn't :confused: I've used Tofu in stirfrys ,because I wanted Tofu ,not becuase I hoped it tasted like meat. I drink Caflib not because its a replacement for Coffee because I like it same as I'll have the occasional can of Coke or juice instead of a coffee . If you choose not to eat meat why try and pass off your meal as meat? If I went to someones house for pork and they instead gave me soy ,I'd be pissed ,not because its Soy ,but because it wasn't pork. [/rant]

:coffee:

I feel better now .

kuulani

I'm reminded of an Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Marie molded tofu to look like a turkey on Thanksgiving. I love tofu, but that's just wrong.