OK men, throw down here >>

Leslie said:
however, it's nice to see that men are capable of more than "well fuck I married ya didn't I?"

What more do you need? We pledged to love, cherish & take care of you forever. That seems quite deep to me.

Incubus - echo

There's something about the look in your eyes
something I noticed when the light was just right
it reminded me twice that I was alive
and it reminded me that you're so worth the fight

My biggest fear will be the rescue of me
strange how it turns out that way, yeah

Could you show me dear?
something I've not seen
something infinitely interesting
could you show me dear?
something I've not seen

There's something about the way you move
I see your mouth in slow motion when you sing
more subtle than something someone contrives
your movements echo that I have seen the real thing

Your biggest fear will be the rescue of you
strange how it turns out that way, yeah

Could you show me dear?
something I've not seen
could you show me dear?
something I've not seen

I'll let Incubus do it for me.

Leslie said:
however, it's nice to see that men are capable of more than "well fuck I married ya didn't I?"

yea well think of it this way. the couple got married for a reason. why not show it? the couple got involved. once again why not show why

MrBishop said:
I don’t go away from home often…there’s no reason for me to do so without my family well in tow, although for at least 2 weekends in August, I get to drive to Petawawa (4hours) to help my bro work on his house…this might come in handy.

:crying2: That was beautiful!

Gonz said:
What more do you need? We pledged to love, cherish & take care of you forever. That seems quite deep to me.
so...if you don't marry the woman you don't love her? nice....you know, it's not the flowery wordiness of it that matters to women. we just want to know that you love us...to hear the words every now and again. call it a reaffirmation and it's not going to kill you to open your damn yap and say something to that effect.

tonksy said:
so...if you don't marry the woman you don't love her?

Not the ones I dated, no. Love is a rather intricate emotion. Time is the only way for it to grow. Love at first sight is possible. If it isn't nurtured & allowed to deepen it's just another form of lust. If it never changes it's infatuation.

tonksy said:
so...if you don't marry the woman you don't love her? nice....you know, it's not the flowery wordiness of it that matters to women. we just want to know that you love us...to hear the words every now and again. call it a reaffirmation and it's not going to kill you to open your damn yap and say something to that effect.

Ohhh don't even begin missy. If you compliment a girl or tell her you love her either she winces and slowly backs away, acts uncomfortable or thinks something is wrong (to the equivelent of you burned her house down). Women can't take compliments....they just can't, they always have to figure out a deeper meaning behind it.

When I say to a girl "you look beautifuL" that means you look beautiful...not: "I want you to lose weight" or "we're breaking up in 3..2...1..".

IDLEchild said:
Ohhh don't even begin missy. If you compliment a girl or tell her you love her either she winces and slowly backs away, acts uncomfortable or thinks something is wrong (to the equivelent of you burned her house down). Women can't take compliments....they just can't, they always have to figure out a deeper meaning behind it.

When I say to a girl "you look beautifuL" that means you look beautiful...not: "I want you to lose weight" or "we're breaking up in 3..2...1..".
saying you look beautiful is a wonderful thing to say! saying i love you should be reserved for when you do and it will be appreciated when the love is mutual. women can take compliments...provided they are comfortable with the source :shrug:

gonz...so if a man does not marry a woman it means that he does not love her?

tonksy said:
saying you look beautiful is a wonderful thing to say! saying i love you should be reserved for when you do and it will be appreciated when the love is mutual. women can take compliments...provided they are comfortable with the source :shrug:

Everytime I said "I love you" my ex used to reach for her purse and hide it!! :eek:

She said it was just a reflex action :confused:

IDLEchild said:

Odd I never got that reaction. All smile and like the compliment.

tonksy said:
gonz...so if a man does not marry a woman it means that he does not love her?

I get the feeling your trying to get me to say something so you can jump in & place sometihg in the affect of daughter/granchild/mom.

What are the reasons for dating? To get laid. Okay, beside that? To find a permanent mate. If love is found marriage is bound to be nearby. Possibly even non-traditional marriage roles will get played but as a general rule men & women are looking for a long term partner which would lead, historically, to marriage.

Back