Old goat thread

You sound bitter. Did Wally World revoke your credit card?

no man, i don't shop at walmart. they really don't have anything i want, and there are none around here. i htink there's some out in the hinterlands though.

Seattle has no Wal-Marts? Well, damn. I bet you can find a coffee shop though. How's the BBQ up there?

not really. there's some in the metro area kinda far out, but not in the city proper.

coffee um, yep, and sometimes it doesn't suck. a few smaller places are pretty good. as far as chains go i kinda like peet's but i can't find it here.

BBQ... haven't had that since last time i was in atlanta a few months ago. seattle is a great food town, but... i can imagine "bullshit-pretentious" would be the BBQ flavor here. pan-asian-neoamerican floof, yeah, BBQ, no fuckin' way. i don't really know that much about BBQ - not like my buddy who can tell ya all about regional and local differences - but i know's enough to be afraid of it here. yeah i'll be goin' south in a month or so... i'll get some then.

We've actually got a japanese restaurant now. I haven't been there yet but I am planning a trip soon. :)

not really. there's some in the metro area kinda far out, but not in the city proper.

coffee um, yep, and sometimes it doesn't suck. a few smaller places are pretty good. as far as chains go i kinda like peet's but i can't find it here.

BBQ... haven't had that since last time i was in atlanta a few months ago. seattle is a great food town, but... i can imagine "bullshit-pretentious" would be the BBQ flavor here. pan-asian-neoamerican floof, yeah, BBQ, no fuckin' way. i don't really know that much about BBQ - not like my buddy who can tell ya all about regional and local differences - but i know's enough to be afraid of it here. yeah i'll be goin' south in a month or so... i'll get some then.

BBQ is easy.
1. Kill a pig.
2. Cook the meat slow and smoky. (remember that what kind of wood you use determines a lot of the flavor)
Everything else is just personal (regional if you prefer) preference.

Yes, but do you really need to put :

Have a beer
Have another beer
Have yet another beer

Into the recipe?

That's important... notice that by me driving with HL to the airport to pick up SL, HL was able to have a few beers and the chicken came out better?

Of course, if he'd trusted you enough to send you on your own ... he'd have had time to drink even more and it would have come out even better.... So it's your fault that the chicken only came out really good, instead of fantastic or orgasmic. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Hog hunting isn't exactly a major pastime in this neck of the woods... there's some good boar hunting not far from here, though.

Back