SO far

Country Gold Silver Bronze TOT.
China 5 2 1 8
Australia 4 1 3 8
United States 1 4 3 8
Russia 1 3 2 6
Japan 4 1 0 5
France 1 2 2 5

You watching? I'm trying, but with no cable...my efforts are failing me.

been watching some of it. mostly the swimming events. no reason why mostly swimming, just seems to be on every time i tune in. been a few good meets.
saw the gymnastic prelims. had a hard time comprehending the speed and agility of some of the women gymnasts. some of that had to be special effects.

Saw a bit of the gymnastics last night. Impressive stuff. The Romanians freaking OWN the balance beam.

mainly been watching swimming as well...and hockey. that's about it...

i liked todays 200m free swim...with thorpe, van den hoogenband and phelps...
was an amazing swim from the australian guy :)

Personally, I like the combat sports, the weightlifting and most of the gymnastics. I can't stand the more 'artistic' gymnastics like the ribbon and the clubs...feh. Ditto for ballroom dancing.

The men's rings....damn!!

Been paying attention to Volleyball, Judo, Iachting(?), and Gymnastics. Gennerally the sports where we used to play better(not gymn though, but it's wonderful). I just whished they would show the Boxing fights by the time I'm home...

I saw mostly the gymnastics last night, and some swimming.

Phelps won gold in a few events I think. All I remember is hearing them talk about Phelps and then seeing him win the gold in the medley I think it was called. The one where they do three laps each with a different style. Lochte came in second. Both Americans

Carly Patterson won the gold in the all around gymnastics competition. American. Something no other American has done since Mary Lou Retton (spelling?). Apparently Mary even called Carly afterwards to congratulate her.

Too bad for Svetlana (sp?) Khorkina (Russia). She won the silver in the all around. This is her last gymnastics I'm told (she's 25).

Zhang Nan (can't remember spelling) of China won 3rd in the all around.

See? Gymnastics was all I saw so far. Haven't been watching otherwise. Just happened to turn on the TV and there were girls flipping all over the place. And yes, I know they were all too young for me. ('cept Khorkina)

No wait. I think they said a couple of them were like 18 or something.

I don't think the brits sent a team this year :lloyd:

We couldn't even win much in the "rowing the bathtub backwards before the soap melts" competition :mope:

You guys won Gold in the "Funny Hat Wearing', Long Red-Tailed Dog Chasing" event dincha?

Gonz said:
You guys won Gold in the "Funny Hat Wearing', Long Red-Tailed Dog Chasing" event dincha?

We won a gold??? ....... fuck me, he/she musta been on drugs or summit :D

We got a gold medal! And we OWNED you!
stortopp425.jpg

Anyone else notice that Iraq has made the medal round in soccer (that'd be "football" for all you heathen furrinurs).

We got another one, we got another one!
NYAA~!
Go, Stefan Holm!
holmtopp425.jpg

Edit: A third one! Yay for Christian Olsson!
olssonpuffny118.jpg

The canucks are getting royally ass raped. Stands to reason. The athletes were chosen by the Canadian Olympic Council (COC).

It'd seem as if there were no good athletes in latin america :(

The first country in the list is Cuba, with a very respectable rank by gold of 11th. Mexico left with no gold medals and ranked 60th.

Back