OMFG!

Re: And then, of course, there was this ...

kind of missing the point (i'm tired!) but can't convicted felons still not vote? or did they change that?

After completion of their sentence they may apply for reinstatement of their voting roght. In my experience less than 2% do. Most of them end up back in prison again with the right revoked again, so why bother seems to be the prevailing thought pattern. We get a lot of repeat customers...job well done I suppose. Or maybe they just miss my smiling face.

Or maybe some of them had no business being back in society so soon in the first place. Hmmmm.

We should go back to land owners getting voting rights & Senators getting picked from the State Representatives.

Some people ought to just retreat back into the caves in which they so obviously belong.

Or, perhaps, those that are unhappy can start their own new & unused country. See if they can do it better.

Then why is it "there, there"? :blank: :elaugh3:

Different things entirely. "Hear, hear" is actually short for something along the lines of, "Hear the eloquent speaker, hear what he has to say." It's something you'll often hear from someone in the crowd at a debate when one of the debaters is on a roll and making a lot of good points.

Back