One more to go...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Over the last 2 nights I have read wolves of the calla, and song of susannah...

Only one more to go, hope the library has it, I am once again hooked into that series.

"the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed"

(the dark tower series, steven king)

I've been reading the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. I'm starting book 4... which is darn near 900 pages long. Man, what a rambler.

Lord of the Rings...again.
Oh! And for downstairs potty time I am reading They Went That-a-way, which is a great book for reading in brief increments as it is like an encyclopedia of how famous people died.

I've got the wolves of calla, it came free with another book I bought, but I haven't read it yet, what's it like?

I was about halfway through Wolves of the Calla when the house burned. Probably hafta start the whole damn series over again now...I done forgot most of what happened.

I read up to Wolves of Calla and then ran out of books from the series.

Damn you, Paul...why couldn't you have bought the last two books BEFORE the divorce??!? ;)

I'll have to hit a library

Goodkind is AMAZING. I just bought Phantom (book 10) the other day, (actually, Tonks commenting on SoT reminded me that Phantom was scheduled for release in summer 06, so I looked, and it was available, so I just had to get it), and it's excellent.

I find Goodkind to be a very good author. Some of his books can become -very- depressing, but it's preferable to a false sense of hope. There are times in the books where you feel that the good guys just CANNOT win, and when they pull through, it becomes much more rewarding. A lot of books lack in that area, where the characters only reciever minor setbacks and never lose hope or question themselves.

Dark Tower series is also VERY good, I read them all and liked them all a lot. Insomnia, however, I thought was kinda tedious and mostly irrevelent.

If you really want to get started on a rambler, read Robert Jordan. I swear, by the time you hit book 15 in the Wheel of Time, there are SO many major characters that it's impossible to keep track of them all. Jordan does, though, which results in an 800 page book covering about two days' worth of events each for all of the ~100 major characters.

DTpic1.jpg

I ain't no artist but I threw it together around the time I finished them, thought that it was decent looking.

TowerTaylorGautamCory-Jpeg.jpg

Yea, I know that I'm missing a few beams and the crimson king is funny looking.

Goodkind is AMAZING. I just bought Phantom (book 10) the other day, (actually, Tonks commenting on SoT reminded me that Phantom was scheduled for release in summer 06, so I looked, and it was available, so I just had to get it), and it's excellent.

I find Goodkind to be a very good author. Some of his books can become -very- depressing, but it's preferable to a false sense of hope. There are times in the books where you feel that the good guys just CANNOT win, and when they pull through, it becomes much more rewarding. A lot of books lack in that area, where the characters only reciever minor setbacks and never lose hope or question themselves.

Dark Tower series is also VERY good, I read them all and liked them all a lot. Insomnia, however, I thought was kinda tedious and mostly irrevelent.

If you really want to get started on a rambler, read Robert Jordan. I swear, by the time you hit book 15 in the Wheel of Time, there are SO many major characters that it's impossible to keep track of them all. Jordan does, though, which results in an 800 page book covering about two days' worth of events each for all of the ~100 major characters.

read that too

I'm reading the "Women of the Otherworld" series by Kelley ArmStrong atm. I was to captivated by the first book Bitten that I bought the rest of the series and I've just started on the second book "Stolen". It's great if you're into werewolves, vampires, witches, shamens, etc. She has a more original take on the subject I think.

You can go to the website and read some novellas which occur before the first book, plus one which has stories from each theme.

http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/

Insomnia, however, I thought was kinda tedious and mostly irrevelent.

Being a Stephen King junkie, I see your point. It wasn't his best, but it ties to several other books of his in a way. You'd have to be a King junkie to really get it. It was kinda weird even for him.

I'm back in the non-fiction mode at the moment. Right now I'm starting a little treatise called Backtalk From Appalachia: Confronting Negative Stereotypes. I'll let y'all know how evil you are when I finish it. :grinyes:

Back