One thing you miss most about high school

Some of the people
Some of the teachers
Religion-class (the best teacher ever, and damned good discussions)
Going to the chinese restaurant for lunch and a glas of wine before PE on thursdays

Cheerleaders.

I had fun my senior year and fell from 4th in my class of 235 to 17th. No regrets.

My fondest memory was of the first day of my senior year. There was always an unofficial contest for best looking ride. Most of us back then drove either the family car, or we built hot rods. I fell into catagory 2. Had me a 1967 Mercury Cougar that would honest to God fly. I won. Beat out hordes of lesser vehicles such as Camaros, Chevelles, Mustangs, and a couple of Chargers. I enjoyed that bunch of people. The rest can burn in Hell as far as I cared then or now.

Ya know, I thought the same thing when I graduated. "Jeez, I'm not going to miss a damn thing about this sewer." And I was right. I still don't. People who really miss high school generally lead lives which peaked there.

Just make some silly shit up. As I recall, that's what I did.

I miss playing in the band.
Mostly the stage band during the basketball game.
I played the tuba/sousaphone/bass guitar, and it was when "another one bites the dust" just came out.

IDLEchild said:
The last day of school...I missed out on giving the whole school a finger as I walked away....I would like to go back to that day so I can re-finger the school.

Oh yeah, wouldn't that be cool. :swing:

I miss how my friends and I used to meet in front of the lockers, and walk home together. I don't really do the friends thing anymore - me is an anti-social biatch. :lloyd:

Other than that: I hated high-school. I hated the peer pressure, I hated the teachers, I hated how they used to rule over us like bloody monarchs. The day I walked out of high school realising that I no longer had to kowtow to their every whim... bliss!

Something you'll miss next year is the knowing your teachers fairly well. That won't happen anymore.

I disagree. My teachers here got to know us just as well if not better than our HS teachers

my teachers, my friends(esp my concert buddies), the town we lived it(moved after graduation), the fun times in some classes esp peace studies

I miss a lot of things about high school.

Easy work,
weekends off,
0900 - 1530 days,
I miss a lot of the people,
I miss the school drunken dances,
I miss all the house partys, and drunken dances,

I have (for the most part) been having a blast in the 2 years that I have been out of HS, but I still do miss the whole "care free" attitude I hade back then.

The fights out in the smoking area were always entertaining. Nothing like seeing a couple guys who don't know how to fight yet flinging their arms around like a bunch of little children and noone getting seriously hurt. I however was only in one fight at school. Gave the guy a black eye and got suspended for a day. He got suspended for a week becuase he tried to get out of responsibility for the fight.

The main thing I miss most was the music. I would have my guitar with me constantly and you'd end up in the hallways jamming with people on the fly.

The seven hour days, and being done for the day at 3. Damn, what I'd give for that now......

Gato_Solo said:
Not one, f*cking, thing.

Ditto for me.
The only thing I got out of high school was my hubby --- married him 4 yrs after graduation and just before graduating from college.
The rest of it could fall off the end of the Earth and I would wave "bye-bye".

TexasRaceLady said:
Ditto for me.
The only thing I got out of high school was my hubby --- married him 4 yrs after graduation and just before graduating from college.
The rest of it could fall off the end of the Earth and I would wave "bye-bye".

Then you still give it more than I do. I wouldn't stop to piss on my highschool if it were in flames.

Back