Only in America

Stories like this one make me question my stand against gun control. Some people just so clearly shouldn't be allowed near one. :lol:

I can't open it, but the link URL does give me pause....did that really say "Blind hunters" ?

Found an outside link:
80(R) HB 308 - Introduced version

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:

SECTION 1. Section 62.005, Parks and Wildlife Code, is amended to read as follows:
Sec. 62.005. HUNTING WITH LIGHT. Except as provided by Section 62.0055, no [No] person may hunt a game animal or bird protected by this code with the aid of an artificial light that casts or reflects a beam of light onto or otherwise illuminates the game animal or bird, including the headlights of a motor vehicle.

SECTION 2. Subchapter A, Chapter 62, Parks and Wildlife Code, is amended by adding Section 62.0055 to read as follows:
Sec. 62.0055. HUNTING WITH LASER SIGHTING DEVICE BY LEGALLY BLIND HUNTER.
(a) In this section, “legally blind” has the meaning assigned by Section 62.104, Government Code.
(b) A legally blind hunter may use a laser sighting device during regular hunting hours when assisted by a person who is not legally blind.
(c) The legally blind hunter must carry proof of being legally blind.

Why not..they allow legally drunk VPs to hunt. :shrug:

What it does not say is how they define blind...
A person can be legaly blind and still be able to see a set distance...

Cheney was breaking the law as he did not have the proper hunting permit at the time. There is some question about the drinking, hard to prove though.

Then charge him & let him pay the fine. At least then you guys could actually truly say the administration has committed criminal activities.

Back