Orgs with Racist titles

Should any organization have the right to use race in their title?

• yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
1.) The implication is there's not anything there that could be considered
proof to support that arguement.

2.) worth doing, sure. It just has nothing to do with the subject is all.

1. what argument?
2. how is that? structural differences that transcend the individual aren't relevant?

1. what argument?
2. how is that? structural differences that transcend the individual aren't relevant?

1.) the argument that there's any such thing as 'white privilege' now days.

2.) same point. That graph doesn't suggest any structural different, just random stats.
(you are using a flawed deduction) assuming

1.) the argument that there's any such thing as 'white privilege' now days.

2.) same point. That graph doesn't suggest any structural different, just random stats.
(you are using a flawed deduction) assuming

1. there certainly is privilege these days, but it's not linked as closely to being white as it used to be. anyone who denies that minorities have it harder than white folks is an idiot, but then minorities that make it their jobs to whine about their own oppression, well, they're as pathetic as the people that sit around and whine about minorities (or immigrants, or whatever).

2. sure it doesn't. sorry many but i'll rely on myself to answer that one.

Racial Disparity in employment/salary
ap_racialdisparities.grid-4x2.gif

It's well documented that a higher level of education can qualify you for higher paying jobs.

So poverty, home ownership, and median income are ALL functions of education level.

Education is structured so that you have to finish one stage before moving onto the next. The people who get bachelors degrees ALL have high school diplomas.

There are no numbers for the chart, but the amount of white, black, and hispanic people with bachelors degrees is distributed exactly the same as high school diplomas, just a lower percentage across the board (except for asians).

There is a strong correlation between the number of each group with a bachelor's degree, with home ownership, and with income and the number of each group with a high school diploma.

So, what it really comes down to is "People who drop out of high school are on average less successful than those who do not".

That's not exactly a big secret. And since public high school is completely free, you can't cite "being poor" or "being underprivileged" as an excuse for not going to it. Nobody is making these kids drop out of high school just because they are a certain ethnicity. They decide, for whatever reasons, not to get their high school diplomas, and they end up not making as much money when they work.

I mean, it's not exactly rocket science. All throughout high school the teachers explain to the kids how important it is to get an education so they can get a good job and make lots of money. Most people have it figured out.

2. sure it doesn't. sorry many but i'll rely on myself to answer that one.

of coarse.
we all will/do.
I guess I should have probably use "imo" there.

I reckon we're as close to consensus as we're going to get on this one.

That's not exactly a big secret. And since public high school is completely free, you can't cite "being poor" or "being underprivileged" as an excuse for not going to it. Nobody is making these kids drop out of high school just because they are a certain ethnicity. They decide, for whatever reasons, not to get their high school diplomas, and they end up not making as much money when they work.

#1 bingo point:hairbang:

Back