Orgs with Racist titles

Should any organization have the right to use race in their title?

• yes

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
How about Mecha? The Aztlan movement?

Both seek to repatriate vast sections of the United States back to Mexico and expel all Whites.

I voted "Yes" because I want to know who they are; and what better way than their declaring their racism in their organizational title?

ymca doesn't have race in the title.

So Mr. B, you think it'd be ok to have like The White Coalition?
No, cato... the YMCA doesn't have race in it's title. It separates itself out using religion instead of race.

Much like the CJA does (Combined Jewish Appeal).

the question, and topic was of race relations though, not religion.

It's debatable as to which is worse or the same..., but that's is a different topic.

It's an organisation with a specific group that it serves. Since it's more niche, the amount of funds and energy allocated per participant can be higher.

The United Negro College Fund funds negros* who want to go to college and can't otherwise afford it. It's a scholorship program, much like other scholorship programs. It chooses the recipients based on school records and looks at a specific subset of the population.

There are scholorships based on sex, religion, race, geography etc etc...

It's an economic reality. If you only have X money, limit whom the money goes to and the money will have a greater effect.

It's an organisation ... .
see my last statement

The United Negro College Fund funds negros* who want to go to college and can't otherwise afford it. It's a scholorship program, much like other scholorship programs. It chooses the recipients based on school records and looks at a specific subset of the population.

There are scholorships based on sex, religion, race, geography etc etc...

It's an economic reality. If you only have X money, limit whom the money goes to and the money will have a greater effect.

it's racist.

You think there's a chance to have "The United White College Fund" ?
or would that be racist?
Do you think there would be any outrage at that?

see my last statement

it's racist.

You think there's a chance to have "The United White College Fund" ?
or would that be racist?
Do you think there would be any outrage at that?

There are 'white only' funds...they just don't use that term. A simple example would be the 'Irish Heritage fund' - for people with Irish heritage... ya know, white people with red/orange hair and pale freckled skin.

Legacy scholorships are another workaround... scholorships to the children and grandchildren of allumni. Before the 1960's, only whites were allowed in college.... what colour are their children and grandchildren, d'ya think?
*Yes, there were black only segregated colleges.. 6, I think. Their Legacy Scholorships would work the same way.

But lets get to the meat of the argument, shall we? First, it was a thread about are all men created equal. Now one about racist groups.

Would you like to discuss the 'need' for Affirmative Action?

Would you like to discuss the 'need' for Affirmative Action?

there is no need.
It's racist.

So since the 60's (at least) everybody has had an equal shot at success?

and
You didn't specifically answer my question about an org with the word White in it...
You deflected because you know we all know the real answer.

You didn't specifically answer my question about an org with the word White in it...
You deflected because you know we all know the real answer.

There were two that I had found in my first search. Both failed miserably. There have been others put together by such stars of civility as Stormfront and the KKK.

The real answer is that there is such a thing as White Privilege, which Affirmative Action is meant to address. Much as there is Male Privilege, which Feminism is meant to address. Deny it?

Racial Disparity in employment/salary
ap_racialdisparities.grid-4x2.gif

that census doesn't necessarily have a correlation with the basic opportunity.
(the potential)

just simple stats, and where stereotyping begins with some people.

1. that census doesn't necessarily have a correlation with the basic opportunity.
(the potential)

2. just simple stats, and where stereotyping begins with some people.

1. so what are the implications of that?
2. so what? what's wrong with basic descriptive statistics? are they not worth doing? should we just not bother describing the world around us?

1. so what are the implications of that?
2. so what? what's wrong with basic descriptive statistics? are they not worth doing? should we just not bother describing the world around us?

1.) The implication is there's not anything there that could be considered
proof to support that arguement.

2.) worth doing, sure. It just has nothing to do with the subject is all.

Back