OTC is moving again!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Just kidding. But now that I got your attention... :D

http://flurffmeister.ath.cx/ib/index.php

OTC on Invision Board. This is only an example board, so any test posts wouldn't be transferred if we decide to go for it. There are still a couple quirks to work out, but by far, loads a SHITLOAD faster to me.

What does everyone else think? (note: by that question, I mean what are your constructive comments about it, not "I hate it, looks ugly. Gimme the bland and slow vBulletin any day.")

:beerbang:

It really does look ugly! I like this OTC better than the other one. I mean, the blue there looks really weird, and besides, we have a green color thing going on :headbang:

I'm not moving. It doesn't have a shoutbox. I'll leave the light on for ya.

It seems faster BUT we're not live on that board & add 8-10-20 users & is it still fast?

In addition, on the front page:

"[ Script Execution time: 0.0629 ] [ 9 queries used ] [ GZIP Enabled ]"

Professur said:
You guys have a few contributions burning a hole in yer pocket or summat?
No, this board is actually free, faster, and the user and admin control panels are much nicer. :beerbang:

lacemyster said:
It really does look ugly!
Depending on how many people would prefer a faster site over an expensive and slow one, I could work on the style and make it non-ugly.

Aunty Em said:
There are no headbangers...
Still working on the converter, it doesn't do smilies yet.

PuterTutor said:
I hope this was a joke.
The "OTC is moving again!" yes :D Although I would prefer to change over to Invision Board, for reasons I've already explained.

Q said:
It doesn't have a shoutbox.
A shoutbox can be easily added...

Gonz said:
It seems faster BUT we're not live on that board & add 8-10-20 users & is it still fast?
See for yourself... http://www.racing-forums.com/bbs/index.php

Jerrek said:
the URL ain't that nice
That's about the only thing I don't like about it. :retard6:

comparison:

10k posts thread:

on vB: Page generated in 1.38933003 seconds with 30 queries.
on Invision: [ Script Execution time: 0.8634 ] with 11 queries.

makes a crap load of difference.
Invision is proven well enough to be stable. If you don't mind making it look better, then i see no big problems switching.

Is the current vB license gonna be sold to pay for the server?

Page generated in 0.58006501 seconds with 30 queries.

That's what I get on the 10k thread, don't see any benefit.:shrug:

as long as we can post and the site looks nice, i don't mind which software we are using.

Sometimes i even miss the old burning board :D

OTC said:
Page generated in 0.42161906 seconds with 24 queries.

racing firums said:
Script Execution time: 0.0764 11 queries use

hmmmm :shrug:

What will we lose? I know you've done a ton of stuff with vB. Can those changes be made to Inversion also?

PuterTutor said:
Page generated in 0.58006501 seconds with 30 queries.

That's what I get on the 10k thread, don't see any benefit.
I see 0.16x seconds or less on the 10k thread on Invision Board.
Shadowfax said:
Is the current vB license gonna be sold to pay for the server?
If we switch, yeah. I mainly posted this to get a bunch of people to test it out and see if it held up to more than me and Sam messing around with it.
Gonz said:
What will we lose?
Basically all the little modifications I've done to it like favorite smilies and quick quotes, but everything can be added back to Invision once I get used to the coding style.

Alternatively, we could wait a couple years and I could be finished writing my own board. :beerbang:

Back