Out among them

SHOPPED LIKE A MANIAC!!

ran around thru the cold and the rain, and purchased and bought and enjoyed the buying experience thoroughly!!

Me !! I had a viewing to go to. I was going to go afterwards...saw the traffic....decided to go home....I still have two more days off and maybe I will venture out on one of them.

This black friday thing sounds..........awful, but I assume that stores put great prices and discounts on their merchandise, right?

I conquered Black Friday, i laughed in its face, i kicked its balls and i got some cheap stuff that i wanted. A little planning goes a long way.

i did cause i got some pics developed(tho the better shots didnt come out and the other shots on my other camera from the show were underexposed) and got some things to lsat the remainder of the school year

Luis G said:
This black friday thing sounds..........awful, but I assume that stores put great prices and discounts on their merchandise, right?

You have no idea. Got me a DVD player for 20 bucks and a 120.gig HD for 50......complete Norton series for free and Simpsons season 1 for 12 bucks....12 bucks....w00t

Buttcrackdivine said:
You have no idea. Got me a DVD player for 20 bucks and a 120.gig HD for 50......complete Norton series for free and Simpsons season 1 for 12 bucks....12 bucks....w00t

Sounds nice :D

Luis G said:
Sounds nice :D

That is horribly tame compared to some of the psychos there. These people would resort to murder to get the last piece. Want to see the eventual downfall of humanity portrayed in front of your eyes?...go to a Best Buy Black Friday sale.

i worked all day. it sucked at work so i'm not sure which was the lesser of the two evils.
i still have nightmares about black friday from when i worked retail many years ago.

chcr said:
Imagine the largest, most crowded group of loud, rude, obnoxious people all pushing and shoving to get somewhere that you can. Now multiply that by 50. :)

Edit: I may have understated that.
Vastly.

It could always be worse.

ORANGE CITY, Fla. -- A 41-year-old woman was knocked unconscious and then trampled by a mob of shoppers who continued to step over her as she suffered a seizure during a Friday sale at Wal-Mart in Orange City, Fla., according to Local 6 News.

Authorities said that Patricia Van Lester arrived at Wal-Mart at 3 a.m. for an early sale on a DVD player for her mother. When the store's doors opened at 6 a.m., Van Lester grabbed the DVD player but was quickly overcome by hundreds of shoppers rushing into the store.

The woman was knocked to the ground, slammed her head on the ground and suffered at least one seizure, according to Local 6 News.

Her sister watched the incident and tried to stop the crowd as they made their way to the merchandise.

"I screamed, 'Stop, don't step on her, my sister is on the ground,' and nobody would listen," the woman's sister, Linda Ellzey said. "I've never seen so many people in a store at one time -- in one area. If there was a fire, nobody could've gotten out of there."

When paramedics arrived at the scene, they found the woman lying on top of the DVD player among shoppers who seemed to not even notice the unconscious woman on the floor, according to a witness.

Van Lester was airlifted to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach. Ellzey said her sister will likely remain hospitalized for days.

Buttcrackdivine said:
i went to BB in search of that drive, thank the gods they were already sold out. by 11am the checkout queue was prolly 100 deep, the line was backed up throughout the store.

it's good to see that the holidays still bring out the worst in people, i was beginning to doubt consumerism

Gonz said:
About 4 yrs. ago I use to work weekends in walmart as a stocker, had to be in by 4 am on black friday....when the doors opened at 6, I jumped back out of the way and hid behind a endcap untilit seemed safe to walk back out. *peepwall*

Gonz said:
we had a pretty big fight at the east store and another guy was taken to a hospital after suffering a heart attack in the rush

Spot said:
i worked all day. it sucked at work so i'm not sure which was the lesser of the two evils.
i still have nightmares about black friday from when i worked retail many years ago.
Ditto and Amen-I worked the night before and what a nightmare it was...... :alienhuh:

Back