Over the holidays

I don't have a scanner anymore :(

So, this will have to do. A pic of some dude in said hat.
Yes, I wear the hat. Except mine is a giant hat, so I wear it flipped up at the brim like a pirate.

1575668.jpg

Friday - Work

Saturday - nothing special during the day then take hubby out to dinner for his birthday

Sunday - nothing special, again

Monday - Get up, fix breakfast, go to my Mother-in-law's and do the present thing, have dinner/supper of Ribeyes, baked taters and a salad

Tuesday - Off of work, but I have to get up early to take my son to the airport to go visit his dad* & family.

Wednesday - back to the grind of work

Thursday - have to get off of work early to go back to the airport to pick my son up.*

*Wishes my son's dad was smart enough to NOT make flight reservations where it makes me have to drive in rush hour traffic to get to and from the airport. I will say, at least he paid for the plane ticket. :retard3:

I don't have a scanner anymore :(

So, this will have to do. A pic of some dude in said hat.
Yes, I wear the hat. Except mine is a giant hat, so I wear it flipped up at the brim like a pirate.

1575668.jpg

I do believe that's justification for homicide.

I'm off Saturday, Sunday and Monday but Dara works all three. We're Both off the 30th, 31st and 1st (31st is our anniversary). Arren won't be able to come so it'll just be me trying to ignore my father-in-law this weekend.

Friday: We officially get off work at 1pm but I'll likely be in later cause I didn't work a full day today. Try to do some more shopping after work maybe.

Saturday: Going to Brampton sometime in the afternoon after I clean up all around here. Putting tinsel on the tree and finishing cleaning out my room. Going to Walmart at midnight-ish to finish my shopping (I love that they're open 24 hours now).

Sunday: Hang out with my family and finish tidying up my room at my mom's if I don't finish it Sat.

Monday: Presents at my momma's, then lunch at my momma's then off to my aunt's for supper.

Tuesday: Still in Brampton, likely visiting my extended family. Maybe some boxing day shopping.

Wednesday: Relaxing during the day and off to another aunt's place at night.

Thursday: Back into Toronto, have to go to a site today or tomorrow.

Friday: Nothing unless I have to go to site.

Saturday: Nothing, maybe back into Brampton, I dunno.

Sunday: My friend's engagement party, maybe leave early and go to my uncle's to ring in the new year.

Monday: Ham dinner at my mom's I hope (I haven't yet asked her to cook it)

Tuesday: Back to work

Saturday: Domestic chores & grocery shopping.

Sunday: Buncha people stopping in to visit. I'm going to roast large chunks of tasty critters, guests are bringing sides, HoneyBunny is going to bake pies & cakes. Party and oyster bar in Da Bilge after with a few close friends.

Monday: Bringing some goats over to clear some land, doing some tractor work on the path to the creek. Gonna have to work off at least 12,345 calories.

I get off for Xmas at around 7PM on the 24th. I come back from Xmas around 7AM on the 26th.

Is the store open til 7pm or do they make you stay after close? Around here it's illegal to be open after 6pm on Christmas eve. The year I worked for Old Navy we had to make people leave at 6pm cause otherwise the store could get charged. It was the ONLY day we could make customers leave, any other day we could only try to urge them out the door after close. We all got off the minute the store was empty...(everyone worked the close shift so the store was in pretty good order when we closed and they had a lot of people on the open shift for boxing day and had them coming in very early).

I bet the Jews & the Hindus & the Muslims, etc, hate that.

They probably also hate that the stores are closed on the 25th and the 26th but tough cookies.

In 2001 77% of Canadians were Christian, 6% were non-christian and 17% had no religous affiliation. Now, even if we assume NONE of the people without religous affiliation celebrate Christmas (which we all know is untrue cause many of them celebrate it without the religous undertones) the vast majority of Canada is still christian. When I'm doing work in a jewish neighbourhood I make sure the Contractor doesn't work after sundown on Fridays or on weekends because of the Jewish religions' beliefs. Canada, overall, is a "Christian neighbourhood" so, like I said, TOUGH COOKIES!

They probably also hate that the stores are closed on the 25th and the 26th but tough cookies.

Wait....is it illegal to be open on those dates? If so, they have a complaint. Raji, the Hindi owner of the 7-11 franchise should have the opportunity to remain open & doing business, if he so choses. Doing business around ones personal beliefs is up to the owner, not the government.

If the Canadian government opposes entrepeneurship because of a holyday, tsk tsk tsk.

i get to go do the detroit/london/toronto 'tour in six days' with the proto-wife so's we can spend about four minutes each with various relatives and friends. drinking will help me through it...

Wait....is it illegal to be open on those dates? If so, they have a complaint. Raji, the Hindi owner of the 7-11 franchise should have the opportunity to remain open & doing business, if he so choses. Doing business around ones personal beliefs is up to the owner, not the government.

If the Canadian government opposes entrepeneurship because of a holyday, tsk tsk tsk.

OK, my bad...stores are open on the 26th...it's our version of black friday...I was still half asleep this morning when I posted that. On the 25th restaurants and convenience stores and such can be open. I don't think malls and stuff can be open though, it's the same as other stat holidays...

In 2001 77% of Canadians were Christian, 6% were non-christian and 17% had no religous affiliation. Now, even if we assume NONE of the people without religous affiliation celebrate Christmas (which we all know is untrue cause many of them celebrate it without the religous undertones) the vast majority of Canada is still christian. When I'm doing work in a jewish neighbourhood I make sure the Contractor doesn't work after sundown on Fridays or on weekends because of the Jewish religions' beliefs. Canada, overall, is a "Christian neighbourhood" so, like I said, TOUGH COOKIES!

This makes you racist in the US these days. How dare you believe in "majority rules"?

why does she have to work on eve and xmas both. thats not fair.
In order to have a long weekend next week she had to work all three this weekend. Besides, the boss's cronies get the sweet assignments.

i get to go do the detroit/london/toronto 'tour in six days' with the proto-wife so's we can spend about four minutes each with various relatives and friends. drinking will help me through it...
I feel your pain. We used to do Alliston/Stouffville/Bradford(Holland Landing)/Midland/London/Muncee(just past London)/West Lorne/Goderich/back home all within 4-5 days :(

*thankful I don't have to do that anymore*

sunday - going to mommy and daddy's and i think my brother JJR512 and my sister-in-law and nephews are coming over and were all having brunch, with i hope a minimum of hostility.

monday/christmas - going to mommy and daddy's again, doing the presents thing, and having dinner there probably too. it seems the day will be pretty low-key

tuesday - probably sit on my butt all day

wednesday - probably sit on my butt all day

thursday - working, but it will probably be a short day.

friday - more butt-sitting, followed by a trans-siberian orchestra concert with my mommy and daddy!

saturday - going to my fiance's sister's baby shower, which will be a good opportinity for me to get to know some of their other family members. i'm looking forward to it.

so, a good mix of excitememt and laid-backness :)

Back