Oxford debate

nothing new to see here/
I bout fell asleep.
I tried to keep up with the congress and senate, but cspan 1 and 2 where showing this crap.

Actually, I found the debate to be of use to me. I have been on the fence for a good while and know I believe I have made my decision.

I'm mainly piised bout the bill, so IO guess it scewed my perception.

What I wanna see is the vp debate.
I think Palin's gonna stomp on Bidens lunch. :D

Obama seemed unable to keep his cool when his positions were challenged by McCain. He scowled, shook his head, smirked, interrupted with "uh, uh, uh, uh, wai, wai, wai, wait, nuh, nuh, nuh, no.

After McCain talked about the bracelet from the mother of a slain soldier, Obama mentioned that he had one, too.

"Jim, let me just make a point. I've got a bracelet too. (Looks up, adjusts wrist, looks down at wrist) From, Sergeant, uh, (adjusts wrist) uh, from the mother of, uh, Sergeant, Ryan David Jopek."

Obama's mention of the bracelet looked like a cheap and tasteless followup. How do you forget the name of the soldier on it? That should have been second nature to Obama. It was as if he was wearing the bracelet as a campaign prop----like his lapel flag pin. He has a bracelet, but he doesn’t even know the name on it.

But we’re supposed to believe that he really, really cares.

I've got a bracelet, too

Entire debate video

Seems more like he uh and um-ed over the fact that he started to say the soldier gave it to him and corrected himself to say the mother gave it to him. I don't get that he had forgotten the name.
Let me ask a quick question. Folks pick on Obama for his ums and ahs...but McCain did a lot himself. What gives, eh?

Seems more like he uh and um-ed over the fact that he started to say the soldier gave it to him and corrected himself to say the mother gave it to him. I don't get that he had forgotten the name.
Let me ask a quick question. Folks pick on Obama for his ums and ahs...but McCain did a lot himself. What gives, eh?

They can't not like Obama because he's black or because he's educated so they have to find something else. I don't like him because I think he's yet another say-and-do-anything-to -get-elected mouthpiece. Then again, when was the last time we had someone who wasn't?

i thought they both did okay as far as trying to make points.

mccain, though, came off as petty and/or condescending in several instances. ultimately, i don't think that will help him with undecided voters.

What about me? Me! Me! Me! Don't leave me out! "I've got a bracelet too!" He sounded like a whiney grade school kid.

Everything about Obama is theatrical, rehearsed and scripted. Nothing he says or does comes from the heart. He wouldn't have stuttered all over it if he felt the bracelet had meaning to him.

For McCain, it was a heartfelt and sincere acknowledgment of those who give their all to keep us free.

Obama portrays himself as arrogant, egotistical, self-important. When his own language use belies this image he comes across as a fool.

Obama seemed unable to keep his cool when his positions were challenged by McCain. He scowled, shook his head, smirked, interrupted with "uh, uh, uh, uh, wai, wai, wai, wait, nuh, nuh, nuh, no.

Actually McCain was the one that couldn't keep his cool and kept scowling. They were saying he looked like a troll after the debate because of all the scowling.

After McCain talked about the bracelet from the mother of a slain soldier, Obama mentioned that he had one, too.

"Jim, let me just make a point. I've got a bracelet too. (Looks up, adjusts wrist, looks down at wrist) From, Sergeant, uh, (adjusts wrist) uh, from the mother of, uh, Sergeant, Ryan David Jopek."

Obama's mention of the bracelet looked like a cheap and tasteless followup. How do you forget the name of the soldier on it? That should have been second nature to Obama. It was as if he was wearing the bracelet as a campaign prop----like his lapel flag pin. He has a bracelet, but he doesn’t even know the name on it.

The "i have a bracelet too" bit was great. He did know the soldiers name. Great shooting down McCain. Suspiciously, McCain had no flag pin. WHta's up with that? :laugh:

McCain should probably learn that presidents name over in Iran too. We're supposed to believe he really knows what he's talking about? :nuts:

Maybe learning the name of Pakistan's president would be good too? :D

Actually McCain was the one that couldn't keep his cool and kept scowling. They were saying he looked like a troll after the debate because of all the scowling.

They did? You know how they like to talk. Don't believe everything they say.

The "i have a bracelet too" bit was great. He did know the soldiers name. Great shooting down McCain. Suspiciously, McCain had no flag pin. WHta's up with that? :laugh:

The "bit" just showed Obama's insecurity.

Did you notice McCain's tie and shirt colors?

McCain should probably learn that presidents name over in Iran too. We're supposed to believe he really knows what he's talking about? :nuts:

He should have called him I'MINAJIHAD :rofl:

Maybe learning the name of Pakistan's president would be good too? :D

Obama should learn himself how to pronounce "Pakistan" as well as "Taliban". :rolleyes:

They did? You know how they like to talk. Don't believe everything they say.

I don't believe he actually is a troll. He sure did scowl like one though.

The "bit" just showed Obama's insecurity.

Nope, it showed a clever dig at McCain's BS.

Did you notice McCain's tie and shirt colors?

Yeah, they also had no pin on them. :laugh:

He should have called him I'MINAJIHAD :rofl:

Sure, saying more idiotic things would have had us all laughing at him. But if he want to be pres maybe he should learn the names of presidents in Iran and Pakistan.

They can't not like Obama because he's black or because he's educated so they have to find something else. I don't like him because I think he's yet another say-and-do-anything-to -get-elected mouthpiece. Then again, when was the last time we had someone who wasn't?

I tried to keep up with the congress and senate, but cspan 1 and 2 where showing this crap.

I watched it on CSpan2 so I didn't have to listen to someone else describe what I just saw & hoping the camera shots would be less agenda driven.

Back