Oxford debate

A testament to his patriotism.

Damn straight. Using actions instead of a pin. :clap:

Pretty ironic when you consider that every word that comes out of his mouth about this country is a criticism.

Come back from fantasy land Cerise.

Thanks for proving Frodo wrong though. Saved me some work. :thumbup:

:rofl:

Work? This isn't work. It was easy to find quotes of Obama showing disdain for this country----and prove Frodo correct:

THE TRUTH IS that right after 9/11 I had a pin. Shortly after 9/11, particularly because as we're talking about the IRAQ WAR....I DECIDED I WON'T WEAR THAT PIN ON MY CHEST

This was the moment—this was the time—when we came together to remake this great nation......

In America we have this strong bias toward individual action. You know, we idolize the John Wayne hero who comes in to correct things with both guns blazing. But individual actions, individual dreams, are not sufficient. We must unite in collective action, build collective institutions and organizations.

But it’s always easier to organize around intolerance, narrow-mindedness, and false nostalgia. And they also have hijacked the higher moral ground with this language of family values and moral responsibility.

The right wing talks about this but they keep appealing to that old individualistic bootstrap myth: get a job, get rich, and get out.

I know my country has not perfected itself. At times, we’ve struggled to keep the promise of liberty and equality for all of our people. We’ve made our share of mistakes, and there are times when our actions around the world have not lived up to our best intentions.

The size of our forces was no match for the much larger Soviet Army.

In the winter, a heavy fog filled the sky above, and many planes were forced to turn back without dropping off the needed supplies.

Their ports, their train systems, their airports are vastly the superior to us

The U.S. needs a foreign policy that “looks at the root causes of problems and dangers.” Obama compared Hezbollah to Hamas. Both need to be compelled to understand that “they’re going down a blind alley with violence that weakens their legitimate claims”

I will cut investments in unproven missile defense systems.
I will not weaponize space. I will slow our development of future combat systems. I will set a goal of a world without nuclear weapons. To seek that goal, I will not develop new nuclear weapons

You're right: Actions are worth a thousand words. ;)

obama-no-pledge.jpg

Work? This isn't work. It was easy to find quotes of Obama showing disdain for this country----and prove Frodo correct:

Actually you proved Frodo incorrect since Obama clearly wasn't not wearing the pin to protest the country.

You found a bunch of random quotes, but I thought you were trying to post stuff that showed disdain for the country? Did you find anything?

I know it's hard for you to step into reality, but don't simply parse the words - try to look at the implication.

You've got the statement, you've got the image.

And it's not a pretty picture. :shrug:

Not only not wearing a flag pin, but not putting his had over his heart for the National Anthem.

That looks like a one-second screen grab. Do you have a link to the whole video segment so the actual context can be known? I think Colmes just put up the still, too. ;)

The big difference is Obama said he was making a statement by not wearing the flag pin. What kind of statement was he making by having his hands over his crotch during the National Anthem?

I know it's hard for you to step into reality, but don't simply parse the words - try to look at the implication.

The implication that he'd rather do something real than use an empty gesture like a pin. Got it. Good sentiment.

Bottom line is Frodo made an incorrect statement and you followed with a claim of "disdain" that you couldn't back up.

This pettiness and trying to make a something out of nothing shows real desperation.

Obama said he was making a statement by not wearing the flag pin

Yep, a statement about substance over pins. :laugh:

for whom it may concern...

Through the miracle of modern technology, voters will finally have a chance to compare Bob Barr with Barack Obama and John McCain.

Starting this evening at 9:00 PM EDT, live and concurrent with the broadcast of the closed debate between the Republican and Democratic nominees, you will be able to see where Bob differs with his opponents. Using digital video recording technology, Bob's responses to the moderator's questions will be spliced in in real time for viewing at the campaign's website at www.bobbarr2008.com/counterdebate Bob will be broadcasting from Newport News, Virginia on the campus of Christopher Newport University before a live audience.

Back