Oxford debate

Suspiciously, McCain had no flag pin. WHta's up with that? :laugh:

McCain never took one off in protest of his own country. Obama did, but then realized he needed to hide his disdain for his country if he wants to get elected.

That's what McCain was doing at the debate without the flag pin...protesting his own country an dshowing his disdain for it.

Pay attention.

That's what McCain was doing at the debate without the flag pin...protesting his own country an dshowing his disdain for it.

Pay attention.

You heard McCain say that he was protesting his country, just like Obama said he was? I think the voices in your head are starting to get to you.

More on 'Bamma's bracelet:

Shockingly, however, Madison resident Brian Jopek, the father of Ryan Jopek, the young soldier who tragically lost his life to a roadside bomb in 2006, recently said on a Wisconsin Public Radio show that his family had asked Barack Obama to stop wearing the bracelet with his son's name on it. Yet Obama continues to do so despite the wishes of the family. http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/wa...ma-not-wear-soldier-sons-bracelet-where-media

So it was a campaign prop.

So it was a campaign prop.

You would think that if we didn't know Newsbusters was full of shit.

Oops. :laugh:

MILWAUKEE (AP) — The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son.

Tracy Jopek of Merrill told The Associated Press on Sunday she was honored that Obama remembered Sgt. Ryan David Jopek, who was killed in 2006 by a roadside bomb.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hdsm_ntfH32sDoi1u_H9HYCDeaHAD93G1RBG0

Sounds like another crazy looking to embarrass her family, ala Cindy Shehan.

You would think that if we didn't know Newsbusters was full of shit.

I guess you missed the part where it was stated that it was from aWisconsin Public Radio broadcast. So here's a youtube of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOFTAd9mPU

Do you need a review of the facts? The mother emailed Obama and asked him not to use her son's name on the campaign trail. Obama did it anyway, and well, though I suppose it's nice that Obama had her permission AFTER he did it, that doesn't negate the fact that she had previously asked him not to and he wasn't compassionate enough to honor her request.

It also does not negate that the father of this soldier is upset that his son's name and bracelet is being used in a way that he objects to.

You have to wonder if the parents felt slighted because nObamma couldn't remember their son's name. :shrug:

Do you need a review of the facts?

"The mother of a Wisconsin soldier who died in Iraq says she was "ecstatic" when Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama mentioned during Friday's debate the bracelet she gave him in honor of her son."

So what have we learned in all of this?

1. They are both politicians. :rolleyes:

2. The media wants to portray one as the harbinger of hope and the other as the harbinger of doo.

3. We, as a country, have become so polarized that our 'chosen' candidate can do no wrong.

Me? I think I'll write in Colin Powell...

From what I saw, both kept their cool, hit the right notes, didn't stumble. Neither got the killing blow, either. The Polls are all over the place re: who won.

Neither won IMO. The battle of the Veeps is next, and we'll see what comes of that one.

So what have we learned in all of this?

1. They are both politicians. :rolleyes:

2. The media wants to portray one as the harbinger of hope and the other as the harbinger of doo.

3. We, as a country, have become so polarized that our 'chosen' candidate can do no wrong.

4. Me? I think I'll write in Colin Powell...

1. yep.
2. yep.
3. absolutely. all of youz are like that. except me. my candidate is different... :)
4. you could do a lot worse.

I don't suppose you have any proof that Obama said that do you?

The truth is that, uh, shortly after, 9-11, uh, I had a pin, too.

Then, I uh, decided with the Iraq war and whatnot, I would not wear that pin on my chest. Instead I would uh, actually tell the American people what I believe will, will, will, (what am I trying to say? oh, yeah) make this country great.

Hopefully, that will, be a, be a testament to my....my....uh.....patriotism. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S2K3UO0&show_article=1

A testament to his patriotism. Pretty ironic when you consider that every word that comes out of his mouth about this country is a criticism.

Biden feels the same way about America's flag. He is seen here trashing it at the convention in Denver:

capt.8210e222956f4d21b1449107ae90d1a5.democratic_convention_corg157.jpg

Biden: It’s annoying having to carry that crap around during our party. It's going on the floor.

Michelle: Good for you, Joe.

Back