PAL to NTSC Coverter wanted

MrBishop

Hi all!

I'm looking for a decent PAL to NTSC coverter to transfer a wedding DVD into something that I can actually see.

Any recommendations?

MrBishop said:
Hi all!

I'm looking for a decent PAL to NTSC coverter to transfer a wedding DVD into something that I can actually see.

Any recommendations?

watch on the PC, instead?

But seriously, the dvd player should display it according to the TV configured.

Luis G said:
watch on the PC, instead?

But seriously, the dvd player should display it according to the TV configured.
Don't work that way... the frame-rate is very different between the two. Even my computers DVD can't cut it without software...which is what I'm looking for.

I thought about buying a PAL standard DVD on ebay...but a buddy of mine who works in the industry said that I'd have to ahve a TV that cwas PAL specific as well.

I'd rather change it over to NTSC rated DVD or VCR-tape

This is one of the main reasons why people who are moving overseas don't take any of their electronics with them....or often DVDs. Thay're useless on the other side of the pond

I'll have to ask my neighboor for one of her DVDs and put it on the dvd player and see if it works or not.

OK, I just succesfully played Les Deux Tours Version Longue (PAL region 2), on the TV.

BeardofPants said:
My tv can play both formats, ditto the DVD player. Do you not have dual-compatibility over there?
no, our encoding is obviously superior, we have no need for your backwards garbage :p

tommyj27 said:
no, our encoding is obviously superior, we have no need for your backwards garbage :p

Yeah, and include the fact that NTSC DVDs have a resolution of 720x480 and PAL have 720x576 ;)

(I still like NTSC better).

BeardofPants said:
My tv can play both formats, ditto the DVD player. Do you not have dual-compatibility over there?
My digicam can export to both formats...but my DVD can't and my TV is so old, that I'm surprised that it can play beta :D

MrBishop said:
Don't work that way... the frame-rate is very different between the two. Even my computers DVD can't cut it without software...which is what I'm looking for.

I thought about buying a PAL standard DVD on ebay...but a buddy of mine who works in the industry said that I'd have to ahve a TV that cwas PAL specific as well.

I'd rather change it over to NTSC rated DVD or VCR-tape

This is one of the main reasons why people who are moving overseas don't take any of their electronics with them....or often DVDs. Thay're useless on the other side of the pond

Actually, we buy these. A bit more cost initially, but nothing beats that big savings when you go to Germany and plug right into the local system. ;)

Back