plant pics

it should rally fine. just put it in a sunny spot and keep an eye on it. remember not to underwater...and keep in mind that a plastic pot retains water longer than a terra cotta or clay, terra cottas being really bad about this.

It's in plastic...I'll keep a close eye on it and hope that it springs back...it's on the floor in the livingroom with a buncha my mom's plants right by the window so it'll get lots of light. Thanks!

Everything that Tonks said and... we need pics. :D What color is it?

I love gerberas. They are my favorite, but oh so much more expensive than "regular" daisies (osteospermum).

It's getting worse :(

I see a buncha new growth right at the base though...maybe it's just dying to let the new ones in..I dunno...my mom's is nice and healthy. Hers is red and mine is pink and yellow. I'll get some pics of hers when I find my cam and some of mine when (if) it gets better.

I would hold off repotting until it looks healthier. If it's not drying out that quickly, the roots aren't taking up water quickly, and they might rot if you put it in a bigger pot where the moisture stays longer.

I'd give it as much sun as possible, maybe even put it outside if the temps are warm enough. Is the dirt still wet on the surface or underneath through the drain holes? It does have drain holes, right?

greenfreak said:
I would hold off repotting until it looks healthier. If it's not drying out that quickly, the roots aren't taking up water quickly, and they might rot if you put it in a bigger pot where the moisture stays longer.

I'd give it as much sun as possible, maybe even put it outside if the temps are warm enough. Is the dirt still wet on the surface or underneath through the drain holes? It does have drain holes, right?

Yes, drain holes. Surface wet, very... underside not. It's worse...my mom says it's dead :(

Back