Playing with Google Sattelite

SouthernN'Proud said:
Amazingly, not even Google can find my place.

That is such a relief...
:ROFL: they have holes in their imagery. Most of downtown Montreal can only zoom so far.. :shrug:

I did get to paly with one of my bro-in-law's toys, wherre I could zoom to a 1 house nearly-real-time imagery of most of the world. :D

Where I'm gonna be living in two weeks. *toppish left, where the black arrowy thingie is* Look at the water! :D :D :D

Attachments

• Les's house.jpg
    Les's house.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 19
Professur said:
*puzzled* How, exactly, did you make that leap? That somewhere green must be nice to live?
I'd like to live where there was far more greenery than black pavement and steel buildings. More peaceful. There's a reason why people have summer cabins in the woods and not in the downtown core... its nice to live close to nature. One day, I just might get the chance.

MrBishop said:
I'd like to live where there was far more greenery than black pavement and steel buildings. More peaceful. There's a reason why people have summer cabins in the woods and not in the downtown core... its nice to live close to nature. One day, I just might get the chance.

Hope so. It's fantastic. :banana:

It is a nice place. Here is where I work.

And that is why I drive an hour to work every morning.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Hope so. It's fantastic. :banana:
My plan is to buy a plot of land 10-15 acres and build a house on it. Not horribly far from a highway that leads to work, but I'd like to be able to look out my back door and see nothing but fields, trees, maybe a river and mountains in the background. Perhaps a partially worked farm or something on the edge of a nature-reserve where I can NOT build a fence and be able to walk from my yard into the reserve and never know where the two met.

Its easier up here with lots of unused land around, but I'd still have to deal with water and electricity etc.. more expensive on that end, less on the price/acre. It all balances out, I guess.

I'm only 5 years from burning my mortgage. Call me a dreamer, but to dream is to live.

WOW, they have Morelia, but not with much detail. I live about 1cm below the green area in the center.

Back