Police find 'sniper message'

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Gonz said:
I listened to Sherifff Bullwinkle J Moose on the radio when he added that part of the note , the ps said, "your children aren't safe, Anytime, anywhere." Where's the terrorism task force, If this doeesn't qualify, what does.

And all the time you thought 'Bullwinkle' was negotiating, he had those 2 men on a watch list. Now that they're caught, don't you think that comment should be changed?

Ardsgaine

Assuming that this guy is the sniper, whether he gets the death penalty or not will probably depend on where they try him. I doubt seriously that DC has the death penalty. Not sure about Maryland or Virginia. If they extradict him to Alabama for the shooting in Montgomery, he's toast. :p

freako104

md does. its only been used twice but we do have it here. i think dc and va do too but im not sure. my understanding is that he can and probly will be tried in all three states. or something to that extent.

unclehobart

He crossed state lines within the comission of the crime and tried to extort monies from the government. Hes going to land in federal court. Theyre going to execute him within... hmm... 5 years. How long did it take with McVeigh?

unclehobart

Thats no matter in the appeals process. If you want to die and skip appeals, the court appointed lawyers file it on your behalf. The argument runs something along the lines of: anyone who wants to die is proof enough that they are crazy and cant be left with the burden of the legal appeals process in their hands.

freako104

hey unc i thought murder was a local charge so youd be litigated by the state? so even tho he crossed state boundries wouldnt he be taken by the state not the feds? and you can appeal the death penalty. that does matter i think. they may take it to consideration. or if he can prove that they did some kind of illegal activity then he can appeal it and it may or may not go through. and dont forget plea bargaining.

unclehobart

His lawyers will probably go for local jurisdictions, but I feel that all of the crimes will be tied together as a single multistate act under fed jurisdiction because of the extortion attempt. Its fileable under the broad umbrella of a conspiracy.

A.B.Normal

He was wanted on Federal Warrant for Firearms violation,could this mean he was using a stolen weapon from his army days?and would this put it in federal jurisdiction

MitchSchaft

I didn't know the Army uses Bushmaster Ar-15's...
And a firearms vilation could be ANYTHING.
Those violations are federal terrritory. I don't know about the snipings. May be since they spanned over a couple of states.

MitchSchaft

I just heard that dude was dishonorably discharged from the army. That's probably what the weapons violation is. You lose your "right" to possess firearms with that type of discharge.

freako104

can you get any kind of weaponry with that? or is the limit only to firearms. he did kill someone on federal property too didnt he? thatll come into play.they did span a couple of states. here in md,va.dc(dc is a district all its own for those who may not know), and Ga was where he supposedly killed someone and took his credit card which was the account he wanted the $10 million to.

unclehobart

MitchSchaft said:
I just heard that dude was dishonorably discharged from the army. That's probably what the weapons violation is. You lose your "right" to possess firearms with that type of discharge.
I read that he failed show for duty one day and then punched his sgt.

MitchSchaft

He had a restraining order against him, too, that was issued in 2000. You're not allowed to possess firearms then either. Gun laws at it's best.

B

Bubba

I would have prefered that they shot the snipers instead of arresting them.

MitchSchaft

mmmmuhammud.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
STOP USING THE NICEY NICE DAD POSE PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHat happened to the mugshot?