Poll: Americans Oppose Obama's First Two Executive Orders

Looking back, I wish I had been given proper information about what having an abortion involves, about what the side effects can be.
It would have helped me weigh up the options.

And that is exactly why the money should go to these clinics. To give out that kind of information so that those who are considering abortion have ALL the details BEFORE getting cornered into making a quick decision they might regret later.

And that is exactly why the money should go to these clinics. To give out that kind of information so that those who are considering abortion have ALL the details BEFORE getting cornered into making a quick decision they might regret later.

I guess you missed the part about it being illegal in that country to begin with ...

I guess you missed the part about it being illegal in that country to begin with ...
Nope... but information about other options and the consequences of abortions isn't illegal. (though any clinic that mentioned the word abortion lost funding..so it was automatically NOT talked about at all) I would rather have these women told the truth (including that it's illegal in Kenya), than to have them rely strictly on their own information.

Kenyan women are so naive about abortions. They go to backstreet clinics to have them and my neighbour died recently after having an abortion in one of the bad places.

The best thing would be if abortion were made legal in this country.
Abortion should be the last option, but if it were legal at least it would be done properly.

Nope... but information about other options and the consequences of abortions isn't illegal. (though any clinic that mentioned the word abortion lost US funding..so it was automatically NOT talked about at all) I would rather have these women told the truth (including that it's illegal in Kenya), than to have them rely strictly on their own information.

Fixed it for ya.

Hmmm...Looking at this from the beginning, I'd like to throw in a couple of things.

1. No more renditions. Its legal, according to the Geneva Convention, to summarily execute illegal combatants. Get a uniform and follow the rules, or stay out of the fight. Not only does it get rid of Gitmo, but it also costs a heck of a lot less than a trial. Thats pretty much the only alternative to Gitmo, once you have the current crop in Ft Leavenworth...or Ft Hood...or Ft Lewis...or any number of other military prisons in your own backyard.
2. If you aren't working for the government, or paid for medicare/medicaid, then any health care you get should be paid either by you, or your insurance company. Don't have the means for your own medical care? Too bad. Get your own insurance, or cut back on things you don't need. My cable TV package costs about the same per month as family health insurance (I have HBO, phone, and internet in the package). Get your priorities straight, and things get better...

Hmmm...Looking at this from the beginning, I'd like to throw in a couple of things.

1. No more renditions. Its legal, according to the Geneva Convention, to summarily execute illegal combatants. Get a uniform and follow the rules, or stay out of the fight. Not only does it get rid of Gitmo, but it also costs a heck of a lot less than a trial. Thats pretty much the only alternative to Gitmo, once you have the current crop in Ft Leavenworth...or Ft Hood...or Ft Lewis...or any number of other military prisons in your own backyard.

No, the current plan to get rid of Gitmo sounds better.

2. If you aren't working for the government, or paid for medicare/medicaid, then any health care you get should be paid either by you, or your insurance company. Don't have the means for your own medical care? Too bad. Get your own insurance, or cut back on things you don't need. My cable TV package costs about the same per month as family health insurance (I have HBO, phone, and internet in the package). Get your priorities straight, and things get better...

Fist of all your Cable probably costs about $100/month so family insurance is going to be a good bit more than that. Not to mention a lot of people with pre-existing conditions wouldn't be able buy their own insurance at all.

So your plan is pretty flawed there Gato. Universal healthcare is where it's at.

Back