Pray for me...

HomeLAN

Well, we're short two walls, the climbing wall, and the roof. I took pics, but didn't find time to post 'em last night. I'm back at work today, but Mike's going to finish it off (or at least get it to where I can this weekend).

The boy is upset because he can't help any more than he is. He's been hauling lumber, making beer runs to the basement, cleaning up the work area, etc. I doubt he'll get bored with it an all that big a hurry, since he's been begging me to sleep in it the last two nights.

Prof, I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm not giving him the opportunity to swing out in open air 8 feet off the ground this year. Not gonna happen. Wouldn't be prudent.

Professur

ROFL. So I suppose the bungee drop is right out too, eh?

Do you have any window cut outs that he could frame up? Y'know what always works to keep mine occupied and out from under foot? Sanding. Sanding rough exposed edges on cut outs, railings, etc. Although, with PTL, make sure he wears a mask against the dust.

HomeLAN

Yeah, you have to be careful with that chemical shit. Most of our lumber is new enough that it's seeping pretty good, too. Hand washing routines will be enforced.

No windows on this bad boy. The walls are 2 feet high (bottom) and 3 feet high (top) latticework. There's plenty of open space between them and the roof lines, and the lattice also lets in plenty of light and air.

As I said, a lot of this is adult only work. Just the way it is. We let him unpack stuf, move stuff, tote and carry, etc. Even so, we've had several crying spells because we couldn't let him help a lot more. Simply too dangerous.

Professur

Danger be damned.

Y'know what might work? How big is he? I know we've got it here, I imagine you must have it too. They sell kids Adirondack style chairs and tables. if you could get him something like that to put together, as his own furniture for it. That might work.

Summat like
comfort_1893_2265563
this.

HomeLAN

Then the roof trusses went up (10 of the bastards, measured, cut, nailed together, and installed). The OSB went on top of that, and that was day 3.

HomeLAN

Today, the roofing felt and shingles went on, the last 2nd story wall went up, the climbing wall was built and installed, and the concrete was poured around the posts.

Inkara1

I like the kid's handprint in the concrete... I got to do that a few times with my dad over the years.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
Danger be damned.

Y'know what might work? How big is he? I know we've got it here, I imagine you must have it too. They sell kids Adirondack style chairs and tables. if you could get him something like that to put together, as his own furniture for it. That might work.

Summat like
comfort_1893_2265563
this.

MUSKOKA!!!!!!!!!!!!

you live in Canada damn it (ok, you live in pseudo-canada)

HomeLAN

BeardofPants said:
Who needs a bathroom when you can stick yer arse over the side and poo-bomb people? :shrug:

He won't do it more than once. That's a guarantee.

Mike's gonna make him an engraved wooden sign proclaiming it to be his clubhouse, and we'll hang it over the center on the front roof truss.

I was going to go home and do nothing tonight, but the pool guys are replacing my pump today. If they run into problems, my night off just went to shit.

HomeLAN

No. I got a new liner last year. Since both those things last 10-15 years and the ones being relaced were the originals, they blew within a year of each other.

I could've used a new one last year, as it was leaking, but we delayed for the winter, and it flat took a shit over the season.