Prayers, good wishes, I'll take what I can get

good to hear he's doing well boo. reminds me of a story i saw in the paper this morning.

ROSEMOUNT, Minn. - If cats have nine lives, then this dog has at least three.

A wee dachshund from Rosemount earned the nickname Railroad Joe recently, after running away from owners Tom and Cindy Caruth. The stubby-legged dog took up life on the tracks and made a legend of himself by getting run over by freight trains at least three times in five days - twice by the same conductor.
http://www.startribune.com/stories/468/4297064.html

Well, my doggy did good over the weekend. He was able to begin eating and his blood sugar is back down within normal range. My mother is picking him up for me today and we will have to keep close watch on him and give him insulin. He has a follow-up appt with his vet on Wednesday to see how he is doing at that point. He may have to have insulin shots for the rest of his life - but that isn't a definite because his system could stabilize itself. I'm hoping that will be the case, but if not, he is worth the extra effort of giving him a shot twice a day. Thank you all again for your prayers and thoughts! :swing:

Back